Ending #3: "I Fought For All of Us"

This isn't the best, but it's happy.

Enjoy.

-

Lauren walked into the house, the lonely house. She felt hallow. She stood at the doorway, looking at the empty house.

Her body trembled, as she fought the sobs, but they won. Lauren leaned against the wall, as sobs escaped her.

Lauren sat on the ground, her head between her knees as the tears dripped down her face.

-

A Week Later

Simon sat in front of Lauren, looking down at the young woman (who was a mother and lost her children). She had her hands in her hair. Looking at her, Simon could see that she stopped taking care of herself. The lack of sleep was noticeable around her eyes. He could tell she wasn't eating. And the men she "worked" with left the bruises on her arms.

"I-I need them back," Lauren told him, staring at the table.

Simon nodded. (He had been friends with the Jaureguis for years, since before Lauren was even born. But when Clara and Mike passed away, Lauren pushed him away, saying she didn't need help. Her pride took over. It made it hard for him to help in any way.) "I'm glad you came to me for help, I was worried you'd try to do it yourself."

Lauren looked up at him. "You'll help me?"

Simon smiled at her. "I can foster them. But I want you to stop what you're doing and go back to school."

"Y-you will?"

Simon nodded. "I love them too. You five mean a lot to me. Lauren, I hope you know, they will be under my care."

Lauren nodded her head. "I'll be their sister."

Simon grabbed his phone. "I'll make some calls."

-

Two Weeks Later

Lauren rubbed her hands together while she waited. Her hands were trembling, while rocking herself.

Since going to Simon, Lauren's life improved. She quick her night work, re-applied for school. She started taking care of herself. As much as it hurt her, she sold their parents' house and rented out an apartment.

There was a knock on the door. Lauren shot up, but stopped when Simon told her to stay put.

Simon opened the door, and smiled upon seeing the four other girls and the social worker. Simon moved and allowed the guests to walk in.

The social worker froze when she saw Lauren. "What is she doing here?"

"Lauren!" Camila exclaimed, while running to her older sister. Lauren wrapped her arms around her and held on tightly.

"I missed you my Baby Potato." Lauren tried to visit them, but she was never allowed to. They would say she was a danger to her sisters.

Camila moved and let Dinah hug Lauren.

"I'm sorry for being a bitch to you," Dinah whispered.

Lauren shook her head. "I love you."

Ally hugged Lauren next. No words were exchanged, just hugs.

Normani was last. Lauren held on to her the tightest. "I took care of them," Normani whispered, closing her eyes.

Lauren breathed deeply. "You did great."

"Again, what is she doing here?" the social worker asked Simon, a look of disbelief on her face.

"Lauren is their sister. She deserves to see them, which you guys have prevented, and that isn't right."

"She is not getting guardian rights of those four."

Simon nodded. "You're right. She won't even live with us."

The others turned to Lauren, a look of shock on their faces.

"You won't be staying with us?" Camila asked, her voice cracking.

Lauren smiled and nodded her head. "I'm going back to school. I'll be living in a dorm."

Camila hugged Lauren again. "I'm so proud of you."

Lauren hugged her back, while Simon dealt with the social worker.

-

Normani looked around. She smiled, as the house was now their home. Simon was their foster father now. And they all trusted him.

Lauren looked so happy while she watched the four younger girls.

"We're staying here?" Ally asked, wanting to make sure.

Simon nodded his head. "Yes. You won't get separated."

Dinah smiled. "We are sticking together."

"We don't have to worry," Lauren told them, a grin on her face.

"You look happy," Camila said, her brown eyes lighting up.

Lauren nodded her head. "I have my family back. How can I not be happy? I haven't had to worked in weeks. I don't need to anymore."

Camila ran to Lauren and hugged her older biological sister. Lauren laughed, as she hugged back.

"You're all home."

-

Eight Years Later

Lauren clapped as Camila walked the stage. Her sister had graduated high school, and had gotten a full ride to Yale University. Lauren couldn't be prouder.

The ceremony ended shortly after, and the family of six went out for dinner.

Dinah and Ally came back from college. Normani had taken a short break from tour (she was a backup dancer for some artist) and Lauren, literature was something that stuck around for her, so she decided she wanted to write.

Everyone sat around, talking. Lauren watched as everyone faces were lighting up as they talked about their future.

Lauren sat forward, before getting everyone's attention.

"Camila finished high school. She is starting the rest of her life. And we're all proud. I'm proud of all of you. You went through so much, things you never should have, and it's partially my fault. But you all made it. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't go to Simon for help. All of you are my family, you're all what we have. We're family."

Normani stood up. "We're family."

One by one, each person stood up and repeated those words.

Lauren looked over at Simon, who was smiling.

"I've known all of you since you were little girls. I remember holding you Lauren, when you were just born. Your eyes were the brightest things. They light brighter whenever you got a sister. They dulled when you decided to take care of your sisters alone. But Lauren, your eyes have never been brighter than they have now."

Lauren smiled. "I'm happy. We are at a point in our lies where things make sense."

"I'm happy you changed your life around," Camila said, smiling at Lauren. "You never stopped fighting."

"You guys are worth everything," Lauren responded, smiling.

The family of six all sat back down and celebrated their bright future.

-

There is one more planned ending, and it's not a happy one. Or most of it isn't happy. I don't know how that one is going to end. And then this is completely over.

And in case you guys are wondering why Simon didn't help in the other chapters, it's because Lauren wanted to do it alone and if Simon tried to help, she fought him into leaving her alone. She was too proud. All these ending are 'What if' endings. And this one is the only one that has Simon's help.

Ending #1 is still the best.