Chapter 3: Halo

Blue's P.O.V.

I put on my high waisted jeans and a black crop top with the words HELP! written on the front. Yes I know I'm poor but I'm smart  with my money and I spend it on the things that matter. I walked out the door and strolled through the gloomy streets leading to my school. Last night I couldn't get my mind off of Nick. I kept daydreaming about another life. A happy life where we could be together, where he wouldn't sleep with every other girl and where I wouldn't self harm. But then all the worries and nightmares would come rushing back to me like a tidal wave of emotion and I'd be depressed again.

I'd grab my blade and start tearing the flesh on my legs to stop the emotional pain by torturing  myself with physical pain. By the time I stopped last night, my bottom leg was covered in blood. I limped over to the cabinet near the sink and looked for the bandages. I opened the box and saw there was only a tiny piece left. "Shit", I cussed under my breath.

As I walk through the streets this morning, I feel the blood start to trickle down my leg, seeping through the layer of tissue paper I had wrapped around my leg. I rush through the school gates and into the school halls looking for a first aid kit hoping their would be a bandage or something to stop the blood . I rush through the nurse's room and see something I hoped I wouldn't.

Nick was searching through the cabinets for something. As soon as I was about to run out he turned around and faced me. His usually bright green eyes were dull and bloodshot making him look sick.

"Um, do you know where the aspirin are?" he said trying to fill in the awkward silence . I pointed to the cabinet on the left hand side. Once he had swallowed two he turned to face me and said,

"So, what are you here for?"

"Umm, just a bandage"

"Oh, for what?" he asked curiously. I avereted my gaze to the floor. As he looked down, trying to see what i was looking at,  he noticed the blood spilling out from under my jeans. He gasped in shock and started walking towards me. Without another word he lifted me up and placed me on the nurses table and rolled my jeans up halfway.

"Oh My Gosh!" he stared at me completely shocked and just whispered, "Why?"

I didn't even realize the tears rolling down my cheeks until Nick wiped them away with the pad of his thumb. He pulled me into a hug and started whispering comforting words in my ear which made me feel no better than how i was feeling last night.I f anything worse because I knew there was no hope for me and that all the words coming from his mouth were false. He started running his hand up and down my back in a soothing gesture making me cry even more.

"Show me the rest of them," he told me.

"W-Why?" I sniffled.

"Because I want to see how many times you needed someone and I could have been there for you but I wasn't" he told me which made my heart warm. As I roll my jeans further up my leg and do the same to the other leg he looks down at my scars and its like his eyes are lasers burning through my skin. He bends down and starts to clean away all the blood with an antiseptic cream. He then starts to kiss every single one of my scars leaving a trail of goose bumps down my legs.

In a split second he was carrying me bridal style through the halls and out to the parking lot. He walked over to a black range rover and laid me down gently in the front passenger seat. He closed the door and jogged round to the driver's side. Once he was seated he started the car and drove away from school.

"Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Back to my place," he said like it was no big deal.

"WHAT?!" I screeched.

"Its just to talk or even not to talk if you want, don't worry. I am not letting you go home by yourself in that state."

"Oh, okay", I replied. the rest of the drive was silent but not an awkward silence. Just a comfortable silence where our breathing was synced together as the radio played silently. 

----------------------------------------------

At Nick's house

Nick's P.O.V

I keep replaying that moment in my mind. She looked so broken yet so angelic at the same time. She was my broken angel with the many scars to show that no matter how perfect you are you will always have that memory that will put you down and make you feel like you are nothing in the world. I know how she feels cause someone very close to me went through the same thing. 

I gave her a piggy back ride into the kitchen making her giggle. Her giggle was the most lively and contagious sound I had ever heard that it made me want to giggle along with her. I wanted to make her laugh and live her life happily. I wanted to be the one to save her.

I set her down on the counter and went to get a tub of oreo ice cream out of the freezer. I grabbed two spoons and took her hand in mine and led her to the sofa in the living room. I picked a scary movie just for the excuse to cuddle with her.

As the film got scarier she started to slowly lean into me so I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me. We both reached into the ice cream tub at the same time but there was only one scoop left. She quickly grabbed the tub and ran into the kitchen.

"Oh no you didn't!" I shouted after her. I ran into the kitchen and saw her finishing the ice cream. I ran up to her and tackled her to the ground as I straddled her waist with my hands spread near her head.

"You have a little something there", I told her pointing to her lip.

"Where?" she asked me

" Right." I leaned in a bit closer, "Over," I said while brushing noses with her, "Here" I whispered while closing the gap between our lips.

As soon as I kissed her I felt sparks fly and a fire so bright spread through me.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue's P.O.V.

I snatched the ice cream box out of Nick's grasp and ran to the kitchen. As I was finishing the ice cream he came running into the kitchen and tackled me gently to the floor.

As he straddled my waist he said "You have a little something there". He pointed to my lip.

"Where?" I asked obliviously.

" Right." He leaned in a bit closer, "Over," He said while brushing our noses together, "Here" he whispered while closing the gap between our lips.

As he kissed me I felt sparks igniting and a fire so strong burn inside of me.

From that moment I knew that I was in love with him.

As he pulled back from the long passionate kiss he looked into my eyes and said

"I think I'm in love with you."

<------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------>

Thanks for reading.

Vote and Comment xx