Chapter Three

Here is chapter three! These past few months have been crazy

Here is chapter three! These past few months have been crazy. I have finally finished high school and I graduate on June 8th! I'm so excited it crazy. Pictured above is Lydia Fowler. Thanks guys, S.R

Austin Mathews was the complete opposite of Connor Wright. Listing all of the characteristics that could prove this would be helpless, considering the group found him in the library and Connor Wright has never set foot in that room for four years.

"I always have nerds do my work for me," He proudly said, sauntering through the rows of books. "No one has time for shit like this."

"What, reading?" Taylor huffed, annoyed she was talking to a boy with the mind capacity of a brick. At least he was honest, she thought, rolling her eyes. She didn't want to give him too much credit; his ego was already high.

Taylor ruffled her hand through her hair, practically pulling it out because it seemed like a better idea rather than following Connor and Lydia around a library on a Friday night. This was all Charlotte's fault. If she hadn't disappeared, Taylor wouldn't be in this situation.

It didn't take long for the four to find Austin Mathews. He was sitting in the back of the library, glasses on, a light hanging over his shoulder, reading a thick novel. He looked peaceful. Taylor didn't want to disturb him. She wanted him to remain where he was, to not include him in all of the unnecessary drama. What could he have done to Charlotte? Neither of them socialized during homeroom. They are in different "statuses" at Arlington Academy.

The four looked like a gang, a threat, something everyone knows to steer clear of as they walk up to you. Taylor and Danielle followed behind Lydia and Connor, knowing Austin would give them questionable looks because they were in the presence of the king and new queen bee. Everyone knew the two girls were different compared to the others. They had a different social group they belonged to. For Connor and Lydia, this seemed like social suicide.

Austin tried to ignore the four as long as possible. He held up a finger signaling them to wait to finish his page in whatever college book he was reading. However, Lydia wasn't enjoying the wait. With her hands, she took the book from Austin, folded the corner of the page he was on, and chucked it back into the boy's lap. Austin was unimpressed. "I was reading that," behind his glasses Taylor noticed him furrow his eyebrows. He knew Lydia didn't care what he was reading; she didn't care about anyone but herself and solving this mystery of her best friend.

"Does it look like I care?" She wondered, insisting he should get up out of his seat with the flick of her hands.

Austin followed her body language and sat up. Taylor's eyes lingered on his body. He was taller than she thought, she realized, comparing Connor who was standing in front of him. They might as well be the same height, except Connor had broader and more muscular swimmer shoulders.

Austin looked like a different person when he took off his glasses. He had freckles on his face, something you wouldn't notice because of the frame of his glasses. His eyes narrowed. "Clearly not,"