5

"And we're here!!" Nance said happily, going down into the dark ass hole in the ground. I shined my flashlight inside, grimacing. "It's a fucking hole in the ground. How the hell is it safe?! What about the mutants? Or fleas? Or homeless guys with flamethrowers?!"
"Where'd that last one come from?"
"Awhile ago I read about a homeless guy setting people on fire in the dark at subways."
"And now thanks to that, I think I just peed myself a little. Damn."
I looked around, watching the dark shadows of the night that seemed to stalk us. And then jumped in after mi amigo.
"Fred? Mike? Beth?" I heard Nance call into the dark. I scoffed from behind. "Some generic names, bro," I said bluntly. He didn't say anything in reply, or to me more specifically, and continued calling for his "team". As I followed him deeper, I took my flashlight out and scanned the area that we could see. Currently we're walking on train tracks. Or whatever. They're tracks for public transportation. I know that.
As I walked around, looking absolutely retarded and trying to count all the weird stains on the walls that smelled sour I heard Nance gasp. I turned to him with a confused face. "Oh.. Nonononono.. Please no.." He started to panic. "What's up doc?" I questioned, walking towards him cautiously. He turned to me, looking terrified. "Look at the ground!" He whisper yelled as I raised in eyebrow. I did as told though and immediately regretted it.
The ground was soaked in blood. And fucking random body parts were on the edged of what to look like a fire.
"Mutants. Or fleas.." Nance growled.
"I'm sorry.." I said, thinking of his team. He merely shrugged in response. "Nothing changes this. I was only with them for a month. Get your gun, cause we're going back. Blood is fresh, so we gotta move!" I unholstered both my guns this time, feeling uneasy.
We heard something snort behind us.
"Shit.." Nance cursed quietly.
He dove at me, turning off my flashlight, smacking us to the ground. I was about to yell at him when he slammed his hand over my mouth for a second time.
"Skull Crawler.." He barely breathed in my ear. My eyes slowly adjusted to the dark, tears forming from all the dust. The creature snorted behind us as Nance scooted us to the wall, making no sounds. My fingers itched to pull the trigger.
But I didn't because this thing might have friends.
I could make out a large shape in the shadows, hearing its footsteps as the ground shook in its wake. I could already smell it breath.. And it wasn't good.
As it lumbered closer to us, my stomach got another funny feeling of anxiety as Nance adjusted his grip on me. I closed my eyes, hearing the footsteps come closer. Hearing its breathing. Smelling its rotten corpse breath as it snorted. My heart beat thundered in my chest, panicking me more at the possibility of the large beast hearing my frantic heart. It was a miracle that our breathing wasn't loud..
It seemed the beast was done because it soon turned away from our direction, lumbering back the way it came.
And then Nance sneezed.
My heart dropped as the beast reeled around in lightning speed, making a scream that sounded like it came from another dimention.