Tread Carefully

Ryan had sat down at the eat at the end of the Table. His reflection shining back at him, he looked like he was hyped on something good and he loved it. It was a feeling that made Ryan feel Powerful and in control. Jack had known that, Ryan had an ego built up.

"Now let me ask" Ryan glanced up over at Jack, and looks did make Jack shrink back in fear. He didn't want to do that, it is just what his body did. His mind was concerned about what might happen. "Does your boyfriend over here" The cruel man looked at Atlas.

Atlas in return was struggling to stay awake and needed to lean against the table to help, now Atlas glared at him. "what is it?" His voice was dripping with Venom, not to happy.

"Thanks for the nickname, but we don't need to get that close" Ryan snickered quickly returning back to a more serious tone and expression, "he seems to be enjoying himself." A pause was followed by "getting all the straps tight on those wrists and ankles. Being held down, doesn't it make you feel something?" Something changed In the Cruel man's eyes.

Atlas was quick to snap back "The only thing I feel is that you're being a bitch" To prove his point further he spat just in front of Ryan.

The older man looked down "Now look what you've done" The older man reached out and grabbed Atlas's face.

"No!!!"

He didn't recognize it as his own, but it did come rather suddenly. More like an automatic reaction to this. He couldn't let Ryan do something to his boyfriend, no, his friend. Jack struggled against the restraints.

But to no avail, Ryan pushed Atlas's face down with his other hand, letting go of his face. Now a gun pointed to the back of the other's head. "Try that again and no more messes, Cupcake" the use of the word came again. This time even more colder than the first.

"No!" Jack tried again, it seemed like he wasn't even in the room. Like his words were swept away by the breeze, soon to be incoherent.

Jack heard the gun being cocked. He couldn't let Atlas go in front of him, it wasn't the way. The wonderful friend deserved a better death, not one under the ground where no one would find his body. No, Atlas deserved to get out and fight, be with his family again. That made Jack think, just as tears were in Jack's eyes. One sudden thought coming to his mind, he'll take Atlas's place.

Apparently he had spoken these words "I'll take his place just don't shoot him" Jack spock with a little waver in his voice, "I-I'm already strapped down, I'm ready. He'd struggle and probably break loose but I can't. Just don't shoot him"
Jack said again, looking to Atlas. He could see fear and shock in the guy's eyes. But that didn't matter to Jack, he wanted Atlas safe. Something inside stirred when he said that, an unfamiliar feeling.

"Ah A volunteer! Finally!" Jack released his grip on Atlas and his gun a smile on his face. He looked around "I thought you cowards would do it! But you are nothing but cowards!" Andrew shouted at the rest of the Monsters, but Jack and Atlas hooked eyes neither one wanting to look away.

"Why Jack?" Atlas was shocked as he lifted his head off the table not blinking as Andrew Ryan walked around him.

The question was what both of them were thinking but Atlas was quicker to ask. Andrew got closer to Jack, making Jack's heart race swallowing the lump in his throat.

Jack eyed the gun breaking eye contact with Atlas. Glancing back up as Andrew got closer to him. "Thanks for Volunteering Jack a boy" A stupid grin on Andrew's face.

Jack couldn't help but turn his head away from the older man. He disgusted him in every way with everything he did, his voice, his actions, and many more. But in response to this Andrew Grabbed Jack's face and turned it towards Andrew. "You know it's rude to look away when Someone is talking to you" Ryan sneered at Jack, making Jack's insides turn.

"Just kill him already! I want his blood!"

Then a shot echoed in the room.

A single shot that came from Ryan's gun. It made Jack's heart race and he jumped at the sound, eyes wide.

"SHUT UP" A body slugged against the chair right next to Jack. All Jack could do was hope it wasn't Atlas. Slowly turning his eyes over he saw it. It was a dead splicer, a bullet hole right between the splicer's eyes, the mask had come off and was at the floor forgotten.

His stomach turned at the sight and closed his eyes hoping that he didn't throw up his lunch. And his head was pressed against the back of the chair he was sitting on, knuckles turning white from being clutched for so long.

Just because he'd seen worse, no he's done worse doesn't mean he's used to dead bodies. They do still bother the man just not as when he was first down here. In this hell hole.

"Open. Your eyes. Or I'll do it myself" A demanding voice rang in his ears. Obeying, he slowly opened them and saw Ryan pushing the gun back into it's holster.

Next to Jack the Little sister wanted to go and cry to her Daddy. In response The Big Daddy was grunting, thinking The little Sister is in danger.

"Next person who says anything I don't like will be dead"

This had made the room go silent, especially Atlas and Jack. They immediately shut up fearing for their lives.

Now this was a choice they had to make. Say something and risk getting shot or say nothing and pretend this is not happening.

Notes: 

yes this ends weirdly because:
A)save some stuff for the next chapter and
B) Because I am an evil person >:)

And sorry for not much romance in this chapter, But I promise in the next Chapter there will be some to satisfy you Fans :)