Day 4: Polysexual Pride

Summary: Jamie brings the new kid to her table at lunch, and Charlie is forever grateful for that. (Third person POV)

"It's just over here, Ian," Jamie said, turning her head to the boy behind her.

A few seconds later, Jamie was setting her lunch tray down on a table in the school cafeteria and gesturing for Ian to do the same.

"Guys, this is Ian. He's in my math class. And he's new here. Ian, this is Leo, Krista, Jorge and Ash," Jamie said.

Ian got a mix of verbal "hellos" and smiles as he awkwardly sat down and started peeling the orange on his cheap plastic tray.

"Where's Charlie?" Jamie piped up after a minute of silence.

"I think they left their lunch in their locker," Krista replied.

"Of course they did," Jamie snorted, chuckling about just how forgetful her dear friend could be.

Ian started looking around the room. There were a lot of people. New people.

"It's overwhelming, isn't it?" Leo asked, noticing Ian's rapid and quite frankly frantic glancing.

"Yeah, actually," he confessed, never tearing his eyes from the large room around him.

"I'm used to being the new kid, you'll fit right in before you know it," Leo told Ian with a little reassuring grin.

"Oh, do you move a lot?" Ian asked after turning back to the table.

"Something like that," Leo muttered. Ian wanted to make sure he didn't touch on a sensitive subject, but he figured it would be better to just drop it.

"He gets kicked out a lot. Cause of his autism," Ash commented. Leo glared at them, understandibly. Even when Jorge elbowed them, they just shrugged, not seeming to be able to take a hint.

"Look, there's Charlie," Leo said, probably just to change the subject. Either way, Ian's head whipped straight towards the cafeteria door, where Charlie was walking in.

"That's Charlie?" Ian gasped, his mouth open a little.

"Yeah...? What were you expecting? Charlie Puth?" Jamie joked. Nobody laughed, except Jamie, of course.

"Shut up, Jamie. Nobody listens to your trashy pop music," Ash said with a laugh.

"Alright, Regina George," Jamie scoffed in response.

While they were playfully arguing, Charlie came over and took the only empty seat, right next to Ian.

"I'm Ian. I'm new here," Ian introduced himself.

"Charlie," they said, with a cute little smile.

"So, Ian, why don't you tell us about yourself?" Charlie suggested loud enough for the entire table to turn their attention to Ian.

"Um, okay. I'm Ian Black. My parents got divorced a little while ago so my mom and I moved out here from Tennessee. I sing, write songs, and play the guitar. I also play football," he said, hoping that was at least a little bit interesting.

"Sporty musician, huh?" Charlie stated, but it honestly sounded more like a question than a statement.

Ian only hummed in response, mainly because he had no idea what that was supposed to mean.

"Anything else you want to tell us, Ian?" Ash questioned. But the way they phrased it make it sound like they were a cop trying to get a confession out of Ian.