Chapter 15💖

I walked down the halls with a hoody on with the hood over my head. I walked to my locker and opened it. Vanessa walked over to me and stood there beside me, "Are you okay?" She had worry on her face. "Yeah I'm fine." I said trying to walk away. "Ally, you are not fine, this is not how you act." She said stopping me.

      I turned around and looked at her, "I know this is not me." I said pulling the hood off my head. "I know you are sad but come on, it'll be okay." She said putting her hand on my shoulder. "I know but it's hard okay." I said crossing my arms. "I know its hard but I know you, you'll get through it. You still have a chance." She grinned. I grinned back. "Now lets get to class." She said nodding her head towards the class door. "Okay." I said walking.

***

     The bell rang and it was time for lunch. Vanessa and I were walking down the hall to the cafeteria. We sat at a table where Alex and Jason were sitting. I sat down without any food to eat. "Aren't you hungry?" Alex said looking at me. "No I ate a big breakfast." I said laying my head on the table.

      "Come on Ally, where is the happy Ally everyone loves?" Alex said smiling. I put my head up and smiled, "I want to be happy it's just hard right now." I sighed. "Well to make you feel better, tomorrow is the day we go to the Angels game." He said smiling. "Oh, I forgot about that." I said smacking myself in the face.

     "Hey, I thought you were inviting me!" Jason said smacking him with the back of his hand. "Hey I was but I can tell she's more interested in baseball than you, plus give her a break she's had a hard time." Alex said pointing at me. I blushed and sunk down on the seat.   "I told him he didn't have too invite me." I said grinning. "No, I understand, that means I can spend time with my girl." Jason said smiling at Vanessa. Vanessa rolled her eyes and laughed. "Alrighty then." Vanessa widened her eyes and laughed.

     "Well I hope you guys have a good time." Jason said smiling. For the rest of the lunch period we talked and laughed. We goofed around like all teenagers do.

     The bell rang and it was time to go to our next class. We all walked down the hall to our lockers. I was at my locker and a couple of girls from my softball team came over. "Hey Ally, are you okay from yesterday?" One of them asked. They didn't see the cast on my arm, I turned towards them, "Well I guess I could be better." I fake laughed. "Oh, that's what happened, I'm so sorry." One of them said. "Too bad our best pitcher can't play today." The other one said. "Yeah well I need to get to class, bye." I turned around and walked away.

      As I walked down the hall I thought, "For years I've played with those girls and I still think they don't like me. I don't know, mabey they're just jealous." I shrugged and walked into the classroom, sat down and did my work.

***

     The bell rang it was time to go to gym. I walked out of the class and didn't feel like putting my books back to my locker so, I went ahead and walked towards the gym.

     I walked in and sat down on the bleachers with Vanessa. "This sucks." I said sighing. "I know but at least we can talk." Vanessa said smiling. "Yeah, but I want to go play with the boys, but I can't." I sighed. "I'm not that bad to talk too, plus this week has been so crazy you need a break." Vanessa said. I smiled, "I guess you're right." I shrugged.

      "Oh hey I was wondering if you were going to your game today, if you are I'll take you." she asked. "Yeah, thanks." I said grinning. "You're welcome, it feels like it's been forever since we have actually hangout. We've been to caught up with the boys." She said grinning back. "I guess so, I don't understand why though." I said shrugging.

     "Mabey he likes you." She said raising her eyebrows. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, right." I said sarcastically.  "Oh come on, you know he does." She said laughing. "Mabey he does, Mabey he doesn't." I shrugged. "Oh, He does." She said. I looked at her and nudged her arm with my elbow, "Shut up." We laughed.

     Alex and Jason walked up the bleachers and sat down beside us. "Should y'all be playing football or something." I said smirking. "Yeah, but we just wanted to see what the ladies were talking about." Jason said sitting down beside Vanessa. "We were just talking about the game tonight." Vanessa said.

     I sighed, "Yeah, I'm really wondering who is going to pitch since I'm not playing." "Is there any other pitchers on your team?" Alex asked looking at me. "No not really, there has been girls that have tried but they always put me in to pitch." I shrugged. "Yeesh, they're in trouble then." Alex said smirking.

     For the rest of the period the boys didn't go play football they just sat there talking to Me and Vanessa. The bell rang and it was the end of the day. I doubted going to the game later. I didn't want to sit there and not play.

     I put my stuff in my locker and when I closed it Alex was leaning against the lockers. I jumped, "Oh gosh!" He laughed. I looked at him with serious look in my eyes and he stopped laughing. "I can tell you don't want to go to the game today." He said looking at me. I put my head down and put my hands in my jacket pockets, "It's hard okay, it's my last game of high school softball and I can't play it. It sucks." I frowned. "I know, I would feel the same way if I was in your situation." He said putting a hand on my shoulder. I didn't look up at him, I still had my head down, "I hate being like this. I hate being sad. I feel like this is a big deal but it isn't." I said trying to keep me from crying.

      "It is a big deal to you and that's how you know you have found what you love to do. It shows that you will do anything to be able to do what you love." Alex said smiling wiping a tear from my face.

     I looked up at him and smiled, "You know what, you have really helped me these past few days. I appreciate it, thank you." I leaned in and gave Alex a kiss on the cheek. Alex stood there in surprise and I blushed, "Well, uhh, see you later I said waving. "Yeah, see ya." He said smiling. I walked down the hall still blushing. I can't believe I just did that.