~ 1 ~

Another Monday risen and William B. Travis Prep was packed with students. Last week, Kale and Asher were transferred to Mr. Finn's class and he introduced them to the 'School Of Rock' band. The two were happy to be a part of the band, or at least, they were the ones who set their equipment up before they rehearse. But all was well, so this made Asher and Kale be excited to looking forward at going to school.

    Asher was the last one to enter the classroom, and Mr. Finn greeted him by saying "What's up, dude?". The first 30 minutes of their class was 1 whole lecture about geography. When they finally ended, Mr. Finn dropped the textbook he was reading on his desk, then stood up it and said, "Let's rock and roll dudes!!" while playing an invisible guitar. All the students pushed their desks on the sides to create a space for the band's instruments. Kale, Asher, Hannah, Dean, and Ron arranged their setup. The students were around them, watching as the band played "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall". They've been rehearsing this song for ages so they can play it on one of the gigs Summer booked. After rehearsing three times, they took a break, a 10-minute one.

     This newly started week was 2 weeks after their school's lock-in. Summer kinda sensed that Asher liked her.. But, she doesn't feel the same way. She looks up to him as a brother. She still hasn't gotten over Freddy, he's been trying to avoid her for some reason.. She hasn't asked him why yet. Right now was the perfect opportunity, she went up to Freddy who was caught by the gorgeous sight of her, he looked like he was under a spell or something.. But then Summer snapped her fingers above his face and said, "Hey!"

  "Hey! Freddy! You okay?"

  "Yeah. Yeah. I.. I am.. I am.." Freddy stuttered.

  "So.. I've been noticing.. First of all, why are you avoiding Kale?"

  "Umm.. We.. We broke up.."

  "Since when?"

  "The lock-in.."

  "Why? What happened?"

  "I realized that she doesn't have the same interests as me. And, whenever I wanted us to do something fun, she denies. I'm not really happy whenever I'm with her anyways.. It's like I'm being forced to do something that I'm not interested in, you know?"

  "I'm.. I'm really sorry about that.."

  "It's okay. Besides, I've moved on.."

  "So, are you seeing someone?"

  "Umm.."Freddy blushed at this. How was he gonna tell her that he likes her, he wondered. "Yeah. I am." He continued, stuttering.

  "Who's the lucky gal?" Summer asked, intrigued.

  "Umm.. I'm afraid I can't tell you. Sorry."

  "Why not? Come on.. Tell me! I'll keep it a secret, I promise!" Summer whispered.

  "I.. I just can't.. yet." Freddy blushed once more.

  "Okay. Fine. Sooner or later I'm gonna find out who that is. Wait, I wonder.. Is it me?" Summer asked, joking. Freddy seemed to be sweating at this point, but Summer didn't notice.

  "Er.. What? What are.. you talking about? Hehe.." Freddy replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

  "Oh, Freddy. I'm just kidding!" Summer replied, chuckling. Freddy sighed with relief. "But, if you're ready to tell me who the lucky gal is, just approach me, anytime.

  "Oh..Okay. Okay." Freddy replied, chuckling awkwardly.

  "Last question.. Why are you avoiding me lately?"

  "Avoiding you? Why would I?"

  "That's why I'm asking you! Why?"

  "I'm not avoiding you.." Freddy's attempt to convince Summer.

  "Okay.. But, there's no need to avoid me, okay?" Summer said, reassuring Freddy.

  "Okay."

  "Okay dudes! Let's get back to rehearsing!" Mr. Finn shouted out and Zack and Tomika jumped, shocked at Mr. Finn's loud shout.

  "Let's rock!!" Lawrence shouted, and everybody replied with, "Oh yeah!". Then, the band grabbed their instruments, Freddy counted "5..4..3..2.." slamming his drumsticks together and everybody played the song.

 "I'll know who that girl is, soon." Summer thought to herself while slamming her palm against her tambourine at the beat of the song.

 "When will I tell her?" Freddy wondered, while banging his drums to the rhythm of the song.

• • •

Hey! Hope you liked this first chapter of the first story I wrote here on Wattpad! I promise I'll get to the Zamika and Kasher parts.. Thanks!!

-Icee😊