Chapter 5

Like the Titans, the Batcave had a training simulation machine. Normally, Damian was always using it.
     But now, he never touched it. You couldn't get him away from his work. No matter what you tried.
     Thankfully, he was still eating. Alfred would make him some food, but he'd ignore the poor butler.
     But when Alfred would come back later, the plate or bowl was empty.
     Still, the boy wouldn't talk.
     Alfred would try to get him to talk, but he'd get nothing.
     Even worse, what he was building was slowly coming together.
     But by now, Alfred could tell that Damian was getting ready for a fight.
     He was going to kill Jonathan Kent.

     "What did I do wrong?"
     Jon still couldn't get over it. It had been a week since the incident at the hospital, and Jon still couldn't figure out what he did wrong.
     "Honey, you did nothing wrong," his mother, Lois, told him. "Damian is just... a little..."
     She looked to Clark for help.
     "Damian's had a rough life," he told his son. "He gets angered easily. I mean, he did train with assassins for the first ten years of his life."
     Jon sniffed.
     "It's still my fault," he said. "It was locked on me, and I ran behind Batman. I don't know, maybe if I had just stood still—"
     At that moment, the phone rang.
      "I'll get it," Clark said, grabbing the phone. "Hello?"
     "Mister Kent?"
     "Alfred?"
     "Sir, you need to prepare your son for battle. Master Damian has been building something for a fight.
     "I've seen it. He's making a robotic suit designed to beat a Kryptonian. Now, I must go."
     Clark couldn't believe it.
     "Oh my God..." he said, hanging up the phone.
     "Clark, what—"
     "Assemble the Justice League at the Watchtower," Superman said into his comm.
     "Clark!"
     "Jon, get into your uniform."
     Jon stared at him for a second, then bolted to his room.
     A second later, he came back in his uniform. "Ready!"
     "Come on, son," Clark said. "Lois, I'm so sorry, I'll explain later."
     All she could do was watch as the two flew off into space.
     "Be safe," she said softly, still knowing that they both heard it.

     Raven sat in her room, worrying about Damian. He had always been a bit unstable, but never this bad.
     Jon was only ten, and Damian is twelve. And yet he still took it out on that poor little boy.
     Raven wanted to help him, but for that to work, he had to accept her help.
     And she still couldn't get the thought out of her head.
     I hate you, Kent. Die alone in your own house. Rot for years in some prison cell for all I care.
     And every day it just got worse.
     The other Titans could see it, they just didn't know how to help her.
     Many times had Raven tried contacting Damian. She'd practically beg for some kind of an answer, but he wouldn't never reply.
     Damian, please! Raven would beg. Just answer me!
     After what felt like trying forever, she got something.
     Tell Kent to be ready.
     She didn't know what that meant, so she called Lois. Thankfully, Superman had already taken Jon to safety.
     Raven just hoped Damian wouldn't take it too far. He always seemed to do just that, though.