Day #45

Chris Brown

"Two more weeks and it'll be your final month of your pregnancy so just hang in there." The doctor said to Savannah as I signed the discharge papers.

"I'm trying." She smiled lightly at him.

"You've been doing a great job. You're healthy and the baby is healthy. I'd say this has been a very successful pregnancy." 

"Thank you."

"All right. Same place, same time next week. And remember to stay off your feet as much as possible and drink plenty of water." With that, Savannah and I left.

"I can't wait till she's born. You'll actually wanna have sex with me again." I said to her as we walked to the car. Her mouth dropped and she hit me on the arm laughing.

"Are you serious?" 

"Yes! You never wanna have sex anymore, your sex drive will be back though. After she's born."

"I don't know. Having so much sex is what got us into this. I don't even know what session was the one where you got me pregnant." I wrinkled up my face at her.

"And you probably won't figure out. Don't think so hard about it." I opened the door for her and she got in the car.

"Let's go to the store and get some more things for the baby's room." She suggested as I climbed into the car.

Savannah and I just started working on the baby's room a couple weeks ago. It's coming together I guess you could say. But there's still a lot of things we need to get to feel like the room is actually complete and ready.

"I gotta get you home, Sav."

"Oh please? I've been waiting to go back out for this."

"What are you trying to get?" I asked her.

"We'll figure that out when we get there. Let's just go. You know you want to." I thought for a moment.

"Fine." She gave me a big smile and kissed my cheek.

I took Savannah to Carter's. It was an entire store just for babies and toddlers. You could find anything you needed here if you're having a kid or already have one of course. And when Savannah and I got there, she made her way over to the clothes for girls.

"Look at these baby booties. They're so cute." She said putting them up to her face. I walked over to her and heard her sniffle.

"Are you crying?"

"Maybe." She looked away from me and wiped her eyes.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm just so excited. She's almost here." I smiled and kissed Savannah's forehead.

"You cry so much now." She laughed pushing me away.

"I can't help it. It just happens."

"You wanna get the shoes?"

"Can we?" She asked looking up at me.

"If that's what you want yes."

"Okay." I took the shoes out of her hand and she continued to make her way around the section grabbing thing after thing off the shelves. None of what we actually needed though. We've got so much clothes and bottles for baby girl. We needed things like drawers and maybe some chairs to go into the baby's room so we'll have somewhere to sit.

"Okay, baby. Let's go home now. I'm getting tired. I had a long day at work." I said to Savannah.

"Just a few more things."

"You've gotten so much already. We can come back another day. Let's just go home okay?" I checked all of what she grabbed out and soon we finally found ourselves in our bed. It was so nice to be home.

"You okay?" Savannah asked running her hands through my hair. I was laying on her lap comfortably.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired. You keep me on my feet."

"I'm gonna give you a break. This last month will be the easiest they've been for you I promise." 

"I don't mind it, Savannah."

"But I do."

"It's not like I'm taking care of you just to take care of you. It's my job."

"And it's my job to take care of you too. This isn't a one way relationship." I nodded my head.

"You have a point. But things you can do for me are limited right now."

"Not much longer. I'm gonna make it up to you, for everything you've been doing for me these past few months."

"Babe, I don't need a reward for being there and taking care of my pregnant girlfriend. I don't need a reward for that."

"Chris, shut up." I laughed and nodded my head.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Thank you."

"Give me a kiss, Savannah." I turned around to face her and picked my head up a little poking my lips out. She smiled and tried to lean down and kiss me but her stomach prevented that.

"Damn." She said laughing.

"Fuck that." I got off her lap and leaned over her to kiss her.

"I love you." She said through the kiss.

"I love you too." I pulled away and kissed her stomach gently through her shirt. "And I love you little mama."