Date night

Hiro-san sat in his usual spinning office chair and looked irritated; another usual day at the university.

" Ka-mi-jou!!" Sang out his over excited co-worker, Miyagi, that hugged him from behind. Hiro grunted loudly and shoved him off. The older man pretended to look hurt and wiped away a non-existent tear.

" Jeez, Kamijou! You don't have to be sooo mean! You've been more grouchy lately... Why don't you get yourself a girlfriend? Or perhaps you prefer the company of that kid you hang out with so much.. Nowaki, was it?" He teased. He gestured to the photo that Hiro kept of Nowaki that was on his desk. It was Nowaki in his cap and gown when he earned an important certificate during his overseas curriculum. Hiro immediately went red and pushed the photo down.

" Leave me alone already! Don't you have student essays to be grading?" Miyagi huffed loudly while pulling out a cigarette. He lit it as he sat down in his chair and rolled to his own desk. Once he was off his shoulders, Hiro sighed out and pulled out his phone. He scrolled through his calendar to check out this week:

Wednesday: Pick up from Dry Cleaners/ Nowaki's turn to make dinner

Thursday: Prepare Test for next week/ Nowaki work late

(Today is Friday)

Friday: Off work early 3:30/ Nowaki date?? 

"Eh?! What's this, you keep tabs on this kid everyday? And does this say you're taking him on a date?? Can I come?" Miyagi laughed. Hiro immediately rose and pelted him with the nearest books.

" Get out of here you asshole!"

" Hey, calm down!" Miyagi jumped back and dodged the books. When Hiro calmed down, he felt embarrassed about his tantrum. He leaned down and began picking up his mess. Miyagi smiled at him as he blushed furiously. He bent down and helped him clean up.

" Seriously though, I'm happy for you, Kamijou. I wonder how he feels about going out with such an old man though." He joked. The brown haired man quickly furrowed his eyebrows.

" What are you talking about? You're older than me! Besides, 29 is not old." Miyagi finished cleaning up and stood up and went to sit back at his desk.

" If you say so. You can be a real stick in the mud sometimes, so I can only imagine how he feels about it.."

" Why you little!..." Hiro almost threw another book at him, but he lowered his head and sighed. He knew his ridiculous co-worker was only joking, but he couldn't help but feel there was some truth to his words. Would Nowaki grow tired of him? Is he holding him back? Would he rather be with someone younger? As if reading his changed emotions, Miyagi sighed playfully and pushed him to the door.

" Now, now, Kamijou, you don't want to keep him waiting. Unless of course you were going to confess your love for me..." Miyagi completely expected the punch that came to his face. Hiro shut the door behind him and blushed as he thought about Nowaki. Things have been a little on edge recently between the two of them. He had been a little too distant from him lately, and was feeling guilty.He was bad about expressing his feelings, but he was willing to completely lay his heart out tonight if it meant that he could make Nowaki happy.

It was still light outside by the time Hiro finished walking home. He stepped inside and could feel his heart racing.

"Uh, Nowaki? Are you home?" He laid his bag on the couch that was neat as always. He felt himself start to smile, he could just imagine how happy Nowaki would be if he initiated a date.

" Nowaki? Are you.. oh.." He saw a letter laying on the coffee table:

Hiro-san,

Left with Tsumori to get some food. I'm hoping he won't keep me long. Sorry I didn't call first, I thought you would enjoy some alone time. I did leave some leftover beef stir fry in the fridge for you... I also left a number for pizza in case you didn't want it. I'm hoping to be back by 5, but I'll call if my plans change. I'm sorry things have been weird between us lately, but I would like to talk to you about it later if you don't mind.