Back in my Day

Almost all of us have heard the phrase "back in my day" by someone who is probably decades older than you. Usually when that person says this they are trying to belittle you and make you seem unintelligent.
Well "back in their day" some people couldn't get married to the person they loved because they were the same gender. "Back in their day" Colored people had to drink from a different water fountain just because they had a different skin tone. Well honestly "our" day isn't much better.
Sure people can get married to whoever now and drink from whatever water fountain they want, but now the trans community is conflicted if they should use the public restroom because for some reason people are "threatened" by where these humans beings do their business.
We have a racist, borderline misogynist pig as president.
But hey it's okay he'll save us all! By building a wall!... Wait what?
We're deporting people left and right. Hispanic? Bye... Muslim? Sorry gotta go. The land of the free*? Whoops guess you forgot to read the fine print.
Oh i'm sorry am I being to controversial?
I get a little heated when people are getting their basic human rights taken away just because of where they came from or how they were raised.
Maybe if people would stop focusing on the past or "back in their day" and start actually getting off their butts to change the present... maybe one day we won't have to hope for a better future.