Chapter 3 Part 1

Captain Ana Amari was a respected member of the Egyptian army, and a famous fighter against the Omnics. She was sent to join Gabriel Reyes's squad, bringing together the founding members of what would become Overwatch. Like the others, helped bring an end to the Crisis of the Omniums.

When Overwatch persevered, Ana Amari was the number two. Her warmth, professionalism and concern for the well-being of her comrades made her one of the most valued people in the organization.

Unfortunately, after nineteen years of service, she was declared missing in an operation against Overwatch by the terrorist organization, Talon. Most experts agreed that she was shot dead by the "Widowmaker".

A few time before, Talon also killed Gérard Lacroix, one of the best intelligence chiefs of Overwatch. Many saw in him as the future replacement of the aging Morrison, whose politics had become more and more criticized.

These two huge setbacks against the terrorist organization weighed heavily in the UN's decision to launch an investigation into Overwatch and dissolve the organization.

"Universal Encyclopedia of the Internet"

Twelve years ago

Morrison walked across a torn apart street. The buildings around him bore the aftermath of an earthquake; dilapidated structures, run-down and deserted streets.

The commander of Overwatch was out of place in his blue uniform and perfectly combed blond hair. There were a few signs of old age; a handful of gray locks and a few subtle wrinkles. Still, he was handsome and confident.

He walked towards a squad of Overwatch agents who encircled a ruined building. They all had their eyes peeled to it. Morrison walked towards the two women who seemed to be in charge, one carrying a lieutenant's badge and the other a captain.

"What have we got, Ana?" he asked the captain.

"There's a group of raiders inside," she said with a serious tone. They took hostages in with them when we got here."

"Just give the order, Commander, and my team will take care of these idiots," the other woman said.

The two officers were about the same age as Morrison, all wearing the blue Overwatch uniform and armor.

Ana had brown skin and long black hair that freely fell on her shoulders. She spoke English with a slight Arabic accent, and had a striking tattoo under her left eye, representing the eye of Ra. She wore a blue beret with a small golden eagle fastened to it, the same as on the Egyptian flag.

She carried a revolver, similar to a precision rifle, a powerful, reliable weapon. It was marked with red bars, probably to count her victims.

The lieutenant had short red hair and a pale complexion. She had a strong Polish accent when she spoke English. She was carrying the same weapons as Morrison: an assault rifle and a handgun.

"Given the conditions, there's no guarantee that all the hostages will survive in combat," Jack replied.

"But we'd definitely take down the raiders," replied the lieutenant.

"The first goal of Overwatch is to protect innocent people, not to kill criminals."

"What are you going to do then, Jack?" Ana asked softly.

He put his gun down on the ground.

"Negotiate."

He started to undo his holster.