Chapter 5 - Alone

Alex's P.O.V

It had been a weird day. No one asked for a lift, not even Summer, and Shawn wasn't in music, even though we arranged to do a full lesson of rehearsals as our deadline is coming up quick. When walking around at lunch time I didn't see Cody and Shawn with their usual crowd of friends, nor did Summer answer my messages about me meeting her at lunch. It was as though everyone had just vanished off of the face of the earth.

When I arrived home, no one was in so I decided I'd go to Delly's Cafe for a milkshake to try and cheer myself up. Today was one of those days that made me remember what my past used to be like. No siblings, no friends, it was weird and not a good weird.

I ordered myself a chocolate milkshake and sat down at a table. I started to think about it all and maybe I should be a lot more worried about what was going on. Summer isn't answering me and she never ignores me so something must be wrong. I decided I would ring her.

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

"Uh... hello..." Summer said, awkwardly.

"Where the hell have you been all day?!" I shouted.

"Uh. Um... I'm ill." She said. There was something about the way that she said it that made me believe that she was not ill.

"Summer, I'm your best friend and I can tell when you're lying to me. So just tell me the real reason that you've been ignoring me all day." I sighed.

"Um well that's something I wanted to talk to you about..." She started.

"Go on..." I said, curious of what she was going to say.

"Wellmeandcodykindofstarteddatingandhewantedmetogooutwithhimshawnandbecky--" She said super fast.

"Woah. What? Slow down!" I said, confused.

"'Me and your brother, Cody, kind of started dating... I mean I wanted to tell you but I thought you'd be angry and I really didn't want to ruin our friendship and I didn't know what to do but he wanted me to go out with him, Shawn and Becky... you know the one you said was a bimbo from the other night at Denny's." She explained.

"Right so you all skipped college to go on a double date... You're dating my brother and didn't think to tell me until now when you both got caught, Shawn ditched our music project for the bimbo and you agreed to it." I said, shocked.

"I didn't realise he had music with you today... anyway that's besides the point. I'm sorry for not telling you that me and Cody were dating sooner, I mean it's only been a couple days--" She started.

"Save it, you've said enough. I understand, spending time with my brother, Shawn and his sheep is more important to you than our friendship." I said before hanging up the call.

Ouch. So Summer and Cody were dating and she didn't even think to tell me?! That's a new low, I don't have a problem with them dating but without telling me, making me feel like they have a reason to hide their relationship from me? I don't remember ever making them feel like I would disagree with it.

And Shawn, I thought he cared about music... maybe I was wrong because he was willing to ditch me and my piano for some girl that he didn't even seem interested in. Ugh doesn't anyone have any morals nowadays!?

Seems like a blast from the past with no one caring about how I feel.

Whilst ranting in my head to myself I got a text.