{one}

Stenches of the cafeteria never failed to remove any appetite Ciel had before stepping foot into the lunch room.

As for Alois, nearly anything would satisfy his taste buds, if he even had ones that were fully in tact. No one understood how he managed to hold down all the food he could, no matter the quality.

The two sat down at their usual table with their trays in hand, Ciel's only carrying a sandwhich and a small carton of juice, meanwhile Alois's tray was topped with a burger and several chip bags. On Friday's, he'd bring money he saved during the week just to treat himself to 4 bags of chips at lunch.

Friday's, Alois would also bring Ciel a chocolate bar, since he knew that kid had a giant sweet tooth.

Alois sometimes decided to throw in more candy if he felt generous. Today he brought him a Hershey's bar and a packet of tiny Hostess donuts.

Ciel grinned and thanked the blonde as he slid him the sweets, immediately tearing into the chocolate bar.

Alois shook his head and unwrapped the bland and soggy burger that awaited him. "You'd think you'd have diabetes by now."

Ciel rolled his eyes. "You'd think you'd have high cholesterol by now, fat ass," He teased, his mouth full of chocolate. Alois chucked a piece of the squished burger bun at Ciel, chuckling. "Whatever. The only reason I threw in those donuts was because there was a sale," Alois said with a smug smile on his face.

"Damn, a gas station sale? I must have a very special place in your heart if you'd spend that much money on me," Ciel replied with his well-known sarcasm. If anyone had mastered sarcasm, it was Ciel.

"Watch yourself, midget. I do it out of the kindness of my cold heart," the blonde paused, munching on a chip before continuing his next sentence. "Oh, by the way, I was gonna say, wanna come over today? Luka's staying at his own friend's house and my parents are going out tonight, so the house will be totally free of annoyances for the night, which is a rare happening. It'd be a shame to pass this up, man," Alois looked over at Ciel. As the little bluenette looked back at him and nibbled at the remainder of his chocolate bar, Alois got that one weird tightness in his chest that'd come around every single day. It was always whenever he'd look at Ciel doing something cute, which happened a lot. At least, Alois thought so. He didn't look away, finding himself eyeing Ciel's lips as they licked the small smudge of chocolate on them. "So, what do you say?"

Ciel nodded, swallowing the last of the candy. "Definitely. What time?" Although he'd never admit it, Ciel was really excited to get to spend time with Alois. Sure, it did happen often, but something about going over to Alois's house with just them two in it excited him more than usual. He didn't want to overthink anything though, so he brushed it off as he always would. Although sometimes, it was really hard to ignore the feelings in his stomach whenever Alois did anything cute or thoughtful for him.

"Hmm. Do you just wanna walk over with me right after school?" Alois and Ciel lived in the same neighborhood, so they'd walk together often. "Just text your parents that you're gonna head to my house so you won't be home after school."

"Okay," Ciel nodded in approval. His parents never cared about plans Ciel made, since they were always with one friend (that being Alois), and they were very trusting with him. All advantages for Ciel, so he was happy.

4 chip bags and one packet of tiny donuts later, the lunch bell rang and it was on to 7th period, where Alois and Ciel parted ways until the end of the day.