1

???

???

???, ????. ???A.M./P/M.

A young man wakes up, washed on the riverside. He pants heavily as he tries to get up by pushing himself into the air with his arms, but to no avail. He is dragged back down to the ground, only faced with the sky which isn't as bright and blue as he remembers it to be.

He turns his head as he looks around, taking note of everything that's changed since the last time he's been there...

Everything has changed. Everything is gone.

Only the iconic river of Crestwood Valley remains.

The river of Crestwood Valley, where he stayed for the rest of his previous life.

I will be blessing you with the opportunity to live again.

He takes a deep breath, inhaling every note nature has to offer. Unlike the last time his senses have been fully alive, he can't smell anything but the faint, mixed scent of the freshwater river and dead, burnt leaves. No smell of fresh or sweaty teenagers, no strong perfume of whoever the facilitator was, no familiar smell of the dorms themselves. Just the sad smell of building and nature's ruins.

Everyone will forget who you are, and all traces of your past life will be erased, so you can live freely.

He looks at his hands, observing every line and wrinkle on it. He touches his face and runs his finger on everything he can feel- his eyebrows, his lashes, his cheeks, his lips.

He runs his hands through his hair over and over again, simply admiring how it's stayed soft even when it's damp. Maybe that's the effect of staying underwater for over 40 years.

It feels great to be alive again.

He'll never take life for granted, ever again. Not after he's been given a second chance.

You only have one more chance to live your life to the fullest.

Spend your time wisely, Park Jihoon.

Oakland Hills Cemetery.

September 1, 2017. 09:30A.M.

Jade slams the car door louder than she expected. She jumps as she squeaks, surprised by her own actions.

"Calm down, Jade," a 17-year-old boy who took the driver's seat hops out of his S.U.V., facing Jade with a smile that could replace the sun. "The car door might fall off at that rate."

"Sorry about that," Jade rubs her nape in embarrassment. "Anyway, could you help me bring the stuff from the back?"

"Of course. Wait for me."