Drowning [PROLOUGE]

"You shouldn't be drowning on your own..."
~ Cold Water [Justin Bieber] ~

Clarissa lay limp, bleeding profusely from several large open gashes ranging from her legs, to her neck, blood pooling from her small, petite body, the crimson liquid staining the snow below

Her thoughts swirled around in her head, clouding her brain from thinking, the immense cold she was experiencing caused her wounds to become numb.
She shivered in the cold, but was unable to move her body to warm herself.

Trapped under tonnes of broken ice, it was a wonder Clarissa was still alive.
She tried to channel her energy through her fingertips, through any part of her body... trying desperately to move, but it seemed impossible, utterly impossible.

Voices drifted towards Clarissa's ears, the sound starting out low, then words could be comprehended.

"It has to be here somewhere, the radar never lies Jordan" Snapped a sharp, feminine voice with an air of hostility.
"Don't get all snappy with me Bethany, I don't doubt the radar... it's you i'm doubting" huffed a masculine voice, although a twinge of fear could be heard.

The voices neared closer to her location, Clarissa tried prising her frozen lips apart to make a noise, any noise.
Only a gentle puff of air escaped her lips, and disappeared into the snow, which was picking up in harshness.

Finally, Clarissa managed to move her foot a millimetre, and that teensy movement was just enough to cause a small ice sheet close by, to slip down the side of the hill.
Clarissa felt her eyes slide shut, but not before hearing.

"Over there!" And the sounds of boots pounding through the snow, towards her location. 

She felt her body being hoisted into the air, the piercing of a needle sliding into her skin, and she slipped unconscious... unable to stop herself from drowning in the cold... drowning in darkness.

"Sleep tight, little enchantress" The female voice said cooly and bitterly, and the ringing sounds of male and female laughter rang through the bitter cold air, being drowned out by the howling of the wind.