Chapter 2: Lovely Smile of yours!

Jho was lying down on her bed when her mind drifted off to the events that happened last night.

A few minutes after Beatriz ran off, Chris found Jho and they walked back to prom. Jho found out that Beatriz had ran away when she was nowhere to be found during coronation—the title was instead, given to Jho, the 1st runner-up for the spot. 

But Jho was not at all happy, it was like she was stuck in a trance during the remainder of the night. When she received the crown next to Chris, She smiled. When people congratulated her, she said thanks. When Chris asked her to a dance, she did. When they arrived at her house, she let Chris kiss her on the forehead before going inside.

She remembered having a hard time sleeping because all she could think about was her best friend, the scene played in her head over and over until she fell asleep. 

If anybody asked her what happened last night, she wouldn't be able to recall any of it except the fact that her best friend since foreve—that's a girl—kissed her and ran off without any explanation.

Today was Saturday, the day when Beatriz would go to Jho's house and they'd watch movies all day and sleep over at her house, or go to the park, and Beatriz would teach her how to play soccer. It was their tradition since they were kids. But, what now after that happened?

Jho stood in front of the mirror and couldn't help but touch her lips and stare at it over and over again. Those were the lips that touched her lips, her best friend's lips, the lips of the girl that she just realized she was in love with—it made her heart jump out of her chest at the simple thought of it. She wasn't sure if she was gay, or if Beatriz was just an exception and that she was still straight. 

But of course she couldn't be straight after that, she didn't just like it, she loved every second of it and would do it again if she could. No wonder she never really felt right when she kissed boys, it was because she was gay.

Her eyes widened at herself in the mirror. She was gay.

Jho. Michelle. Dela Cruz. is gay.

What would her mom think, watching her from heaven? Was her mom watching over her right now? What about her dad? He's always wanted grandchildren, but he was supportive no matter what she did. Did she have to come out of the closet? and what about Beatriz? Was she gay too? What would Chris think? 

Was Beatriz thinking about the same thing? One thing she knew was that she had to talk to her best friend.

She grabbed her cell phone and typed in a message.

Hey, Bea why'd you ditch your prom title? I really think

That we should talk. please reply ASAP

~xoxo

She dropped her phone on the bed, heading straight to the bathroom.

After taking a shower, she slipped on a blue T-shirt and white shorts. She checked her phone to see if there were any messages, so far there were only a few from her friends and Chris, no Beatriz. It was 8:30am, which was weird considering that Beatriz usually woke up at six in the morning—she said it wasn't healthy to sleep in. 

She sent another message just in case.

She went downstairs to find a plate of bacon and eggs on the table. She noticed the note posted on the fridge and walked over to it.

'Your breakfast is on the table, had to work today because of an emergency in the company, I should be back tomorrow night. I left 50 bucks behind this note, so you and Beatriz can order some food when she comes over, love you. –Dad'