Chapter 3

Maishey

I just shut my room's door when mom called me. I am about to start my bed all day game again, as usual but she's calling me so I went down to ask.

"Yes, mom?"
She's looking at her phone while she talks.
"Cindy's mom called, she's asking you to accompany Cindy in buying her school materials. You go, and buy your's also."
I'm feeling lazy but hell it's Cindy, my best friend. Even though it's still three weeks to go before classes starts.
"Okay, mom. I'll just get my bag".
"Here's my credit card, use it, take care."
And just like that, without even looking at me she just gave her card and told me to go. Which is so unusual. The thing is, Mom became like that, I mean, she changed. She wasn't like that when Dad is still alive. She was sweet, caring, and really motherly. I can't blame her or should I blame her? She became cold to us since Dad left. We often ate together now, bond together, eat outside and the usual things we do when Dad was with us. She became more focus on work (she's working in a bank) and focus on somebody else -- her rumored boyfriend. Rumored because she never made an official announcement, we just heard our relatives or rather made us heard about the guy she's dating. And that's fucking annoying. What's more annoying is, Dad's 1st death anniversary will be still be in a week and there she is, so engrossed with her new lover. And the most annoying part, I never want to celebrate Dad's anniversary, not when that day is my own birthday. Like what the hell? Of all days that God created, why on my birthday. That is the question I will always ask him forever. Why on my birthday? Because that day, changed my life forever.