Chapter 3

Londynn

When we first arrived at the races I scanned the area for Ryce but I didn't see him anywhere but I was bound to run into him. I still didn't know what to do about our situation. I knew regardless of who he was hooking up with he'd end up doing what his parents wanted. Ryce always only cared about money first, if he didn't do as they wished he'd be cut off. As I was walking, searching for Farrah who was probably somewhere with Connor I saw some of the James brothers, Ace who I knew better than most since we were almost the same age. We'd kissed once, mostly because he was helping me prove a point to Ryce which lasted all of two hours. Then there was the youngest James boy, Jovi, he was like fifteen now but you could already see the resemblance between them all. Of course, Kynlee, who scared me a little to be honest, was next to Ace as always. They would never call themselves official but they were definitely something. Kynlee was gorgeous but she had this attitude that made all the girls a little scared. However, none of them were what really caught my attention. No, the one that caught my attention was the one standing in all black. That had to be Jagger, I hadn't seen him since I was fourteen but even back then he was too good looking for his own good, obviously that hadn't changed. He was at least 6'4" and all muscle. You could actually see the muscles that defined his back through the simple black tee he had on. His hair was chocolate brown and cut similar to Ace's but instead of pulling it up and towards a side, Jagger's was just pulled up. It was thick. It made me want to run my fingers through it. When he moved his arms I could see a tattoo on the inside of his right bicep and another tattoo on inside of his left forearm. His tanned skin made me wonder if he had moved to a place that had a beach and if he spent a lot of time there.

Music. Music that was so loud that everyone else fell and quiet took over my thoughts. Looking over my shoulder I noticed Ryce's canary yellow Porsche heading this way. I fell behind some other people in the crowd. As he parked I noticed movement from across the street again, looking up I noticed Jagger had turned towards Ryce with a look of disdain on his face. His bronze colored eyes were narrowed in a glare in Ryce's direction. I also noticed that even though Jagger and Ryce were close to the same age that Ryce had a baby face compared to Jagger. Maybe, it was Jagger's trimmed beard or the way his amber eyes held a pain no one could understand. Ryce smirked at Jagger and I held my breath as I waited to see if anything would happen between them but Jagger just turned back around shaking his head. I was studying Jagger again when I heard a loud squeal come from the direction of Ryce.

Ryce had grabbed Regina Smith, a fake busty blonde that had a reputation. Ryce currently had her sitting on the hood of the car with her legs wrapped around his waist, his face was buried in her neck and his hands were...well everywhere. It was a disgusting sight to witness but something I needed to see. Farrah had asked me what I wanted with Ryce and at the time I didn't know but after this I had an answer. I wanted nothing, absolutely nothing from or to do with Ryce. I would never be able to look at him like the boy I had fell in love with once upon a time. The trust we had once shared was shattered for me. He clearly hadn't spent any time missing me the past three months but then again I hadn't expected him to. The last time I had seen him flashed back into my mind.

We were at the street races just like every other Friday night. Ryce was being distant every time I searched those brown eyes I had come to love for answers I only ended up with more questions. Once we parked he got out throwing his arm around me and pulling me close. To the audience in front of us we were the perfect couple but it was just the appearance. I was depressed and I was pretty sure Ryce was cheating. I had just turned nineteen and Ryce was twenty-three. When our parents first introduced us I had been fifteen and the fact that Ryce Whitten wanted to date me made me feel like I was on cloud nine.