One Night?

OMGGGG!!!! Thank y'all so fk'n much for 1k reads!!! 🎊 I never expected that to happen y'all! Thanks so so much!!!!

7:30pm
THAT DAY
DURK POV

I'm honestly nervous for this date. It's my first one in a long time, and it's going to be awkward because me and Dej are at an awkward state right now.

My flight leaves tommorow in the afternoon so I can take this date the sexy way if I wanted to; but we all know with Dej it's not gonna happen.

I think I'm going to get ready to go pick her up. Myself I'll be late because I'm still in Calabasas.

I got into my car, said a little prayer and started my route. It seems like I'm bothering Dej, and I am because I want her back.

If your a boy you'd know how it feels to be rejected by a girl that you have your heart set on. If your a girl you obviously know how it feels because your the one committing the crime.

For Dej it's just hard to live without her, she's hilarious, she's loving, she takes care of her family, and she's phenomenally beautiful. There's a lot of men that want her. I was lucky enough to have her all to myself until I blew it all sky high.

But guess what, hopefully on this date we will kind of get back to where we used to be. It's all in the baby steps.

I'm taking her to this restaurant called the Outlier it's amazingly fancy, for real dawg.

I got to her house, I rang the bell and Perez opened it.

"Hey Dr. Perez where's Dej?" I asked

"Oh she's asleep" She smiled, my heart sunk. So this is what I get for being nice

"What do you mean? We have a date"

"I'll go wake her up, you stay on the couch"

Camrie's toys are all over the floor. I stepped on one on accident.

"Dada" Camrie ran to me all dressed up. How she manage to get Camrie dressed up but not herself

"Hey mama" I tickled her and she laughed

45 Minutes Later

Dej has really broken my heart.

"I'm ready" She finally came out looking beautiful

"Let me take her from you" I grabbed Camrie so she could hold her bag the correct way.

We got in the car and it was silent, not even Cam'rie was cussing out her imaginary boyfriends. Just silence.

"You know, it kind of broke my heart that you forgot about the date" I said soft

"I'm sorry, I-i-I- I just didn't feel like going on a date with you"

"So why'd you say yes then?"

"Cuz' I didn't wanna ya know, hurt your feelings"

"Dej I'm not a kid, my feelings don't get hurt matter of fact I don't even know if I have feelings"

"Well I'm sorry that you want what I don't" She said in a snappy tone; which made me a little more angry than I am.

We finally arrived at the restaurant, she seems amused. I hope she doesn't say any smart shit when we get inside.

"Hello, Welcome to the Outlier where we aren't like the rest, our food is the best"

Dej snickered at the corny catch phrase