Dark Pools

She sat on the stone cold floor, her white, blonde hair trailing around her shoulders, arms, and ending at her feet. Her legs were pulled up to her chest, her arms wrapped once tightly around them, now only to hang limply around them, as her head lay in her lap. She hummed an old lullaby  her mother used to sing, but her voice came out raspy and crooked so she stopped trying. The floor was cold and unpleasant on her bare skin. They removed her beautiful gown and replaced it with an above the knee white, ratty gown that didn't even pass for under garments. I shook my head in sorrow and pity and double checked. No one was here. So I step inside the cell.
        "Gah!" She gasps when she see me and tries to scramble away but the chains pulled her down. She tried pulling her arms, and groaned when it didn't work. She gasped when she saw me still staring there and scowled. Then she crouched and tried to guard herself. She peered though her hair at me when no blow happened. I stood above her and tried whispering that it was okay. But she turned her head away from me. "What have they done to you?" I whisper. Tears stream her face I notice, and she cokes down a sob and grits her teeth. "Leave. Me. Alone. " She gets out. Her voice is tired, and sounds defeated. I crouch down and reach out a hand. I pause when she flinches away. Then, I move back her hair. And cannot believe my eyes.
       Her eyes, once a crystal blue, so blue it was like the ocean itself, now are faded and I see. I see her heartbreak. Someone with this conscious cannot be a murderer. Then she grabs my wrist all of the sudden, in an iron grip. My face pales in fear and from shock. Then she sings a song in the most beautiful voice. It was like hearing an angel's choir. 

"Upon one glorious night,
  I was awakened by birth
   Every man sang, every woman awed
For I was truly the beauty of all but but flawed
I had the voice of angels
The looks that had men's mind go into tangles
But, my love was set for one
And he was all I needed
And I him
But you see, the queen would not allow it
Jealous of me was she
So she tried to ruin
All I loved
But finally found, what truly
Had my key
So she struck with a blow, making it seem
Like I had murdered thy love
And broke my mind...
Making it seem
Like I was truly to blame
So now you see,
All the memories
On overplay..."

And with that final note...in her eyes...danced trapped souls.....memories of her life. I wouldn't have recognized her. Dancing with light, smiles and love, enjoyed by all. At the ball. And I did see the queen in the back. Jealousy etched her face. She WAS jealous. Of coarse. Then another. Of that night. She was crying, screaming, laying I've the body of her beloved one. Her face, hands, and dress was covered in crimson. The tears than ran down her face were lost by the raindrops. And then the guards came. They tried getting her off of him to arrest her, but she tried grabbing onto the dead body. She kept screaming no, no, no. But they ignored her. And here she is.