Marlene McKinnon

Marlene McKinnon has posted a picture

@marleymckinnon beach ready

all comments

@lilyevans
are you guys here yet?

@marleymckinnon
@lilyevans yep! we're waving

@lilyevans
@marleymckinnon see you!

. . .

Lily put her phone away and waved back to Marlene and Dorcas as they ran towards the big group, suitcases in tow.

"Hey guys! You ready to go?" Lily asked, handing both girls their boarding passes.

"Yep! This is going to be so much fun. We've never flown on a plane before, let alone been to the beach," Dorcas replied looking at the boarding pass that was just handed to her.

"Alright, well we better get going. The plane is scheduled to take off at 3:00 and it's 2:30."

Lily took her own suitcase in one hand and James' hand in another. They walked in front, everyone else following behind them. She led them towards their gate and held out her boarding pass for the flight attendant to check.

Lily watched as the others did the same, making sure her whole group got through the gate before leading them onto the plane. She looked at her boarding pass, finding her seat number. Lily had arranged for everyone to sit next to each other.

Lily, James, Sirius, and Remus were in one row while Dorcas, Marlene, Alice, and Frank were in the row behind them. Besides herself and Remus, it was everyone else's first time flying, which was interesting for them. James kept asking questions, as did Sirius, not letting Lily or Remus get any sleep for the first hour.

"Why couldn't we just apparate," James whispered into Lily's ear.

"Because it would've been too hard with all of the suitcases and it would've been too stressful on me because I'm the only one whose actually been to the place so I'd be the only one who could apparate everyone."

"Okay," James nodded, tightening his hold on her hand and kissing her cheek.

"Why's the plane so shaky?" Sirius asked Remus, his own hand intertwined with his boyfriends.

"It's just turbulence," Remus answered. "It's perfectly normal, I swear. Just some tough wind against the plane."

"Okay," Sirius said, laying his head on his boyfriends shoulder.

Remus and Lily both sent each other a knowing look, smiling as they comforted their boyfriends.

"Hey lils," Dorcas spoke up from behind them.

"What's up, Dorcas?" Lily asked, trying to turn her body as much as she could without waking a sleeping James.

"Do you know what time we land?"

"Check the tv screen in front of you, there should be a section that'll show the flight path of the plane. It'll say how far away we are and what time we land too," Lily answered.

"Thanks!" Dorcas said, playing with the tv screen in front of her. Lily turned back around to her normal position, laying her head on top of James' falling asleep.

Ten hours later Lily woke up to the sound of the captain announcing their arrival over the intercom. She shook James, waking him up and Remus did the same for Sirius. The two couples behind her were already awake and talking excitedly about what they wanted to do first.

The group left the plane, dragging their luggage behind them into the cool, Los Angeles airport.

"Welcome to California," Lily announced.

Remus had ordered them an Uber earlier so the group walked out of the cool airport and into the hot, sunny world of Los Angeles, California. They waited with their suitcases for a good five minutes before a black, Uber van showed up. The driver got out and helped them put their suitcases in the trunk before they all piled into the van, watching the palm trees as the car drove along.

They arrived at the beach house they were staying at an hour later. Remus went onto his phone, paying the Uber driver after all their things were out of the car. After the group said thanks, the guy drove off, leaving them in front of the big house.