Maintenance

Day: 2

I honestly didn't want to come back. I thought about it for a long time. I could just have said that I wasn't interested in the job, that I wanted to do something better with my time for more pay, but I didn't. I came back. And as I walked through the door all I could remember was how Bonnie and Foxy had actually moved by themselves. Nevertheless, I had made a promise. To fix Foxy. So I was going to do it.

I enter the Pirate's Cove and see the curtain drawn back fully. No evidence whatsoever that Foxy was peering through it. As I open it, he's in a far corner, the same one he is always in. Some of the tools I used yesterday that I forgot were even still in the same place.

"I'm fixing my potential killer. Just my luck." I say as I begin trying to touch him up again.

I replace his hand, but his replacement doesn't fit properly. So I had to put on the one without the suit around it again. His legs had no replacements, so I would need to order them. Troubling since they didn't make him anymore. It would be hard finding the parts to completely repair him.

"Having any luck?" a masculine voice asks from behind me. It was the greeter from the front door, presumably on his break.

"This poor guy is beat up bad. And his spare parts don't even fit him." I say softly.

"Those are from his new model. They made him slightly smaller." he says.

"I can tell, they aren't even close to fitting him." I say as I grunt in frustration as I get his artificial limb back into it's metal socket. I throw his spare hand to the side.

He watches me work for a while, fixing the hinges, mending the welds, replacing the circuitry. He seemed very impressed.

"Where did you learn to do that?" he asked.

"I taught myself." I said. "I loved this place so much when I was little I decided to build animatronics for a living. Even this old stuff from the 80's is pretty simple to fix. It's just... bulkier." I mutter.

"Did you come here a lot when you were little?" he asked.

"Every day. My Father worked here." I smiled, remembering the memories. "But it wasn't the place that kept me from coming back, it was the Pirate's Cove." I look up at Foxy. "I came because I thought Foxy was the best one, and his simulated voice is great. It sounds just like a pirate."

"So that's why you wanted to fix him so badly." he says, finally figuring it out. "That's sweet."

I blush. "A grown woman can still like animatronics, no matter how creepy they look when you are older." I pause for a moment. "Except Foxy, he still looks really cool. Honestly, the damage makes him look cooler." I laugh.

"It does, doesn't it?" he says, smiling, before standing up. "Anyways, I need to get back on my shift, nice talking to you!"

"You too..." I say before trailing off and getting lost in the process of the repairs.

"I swear... if you kill me after all this work I've done... I'm going to be very, very mad."

I turn to pick up a tool, and I hear Foxy's hand move. I quickly look up at him and his hand is resting on my shoulder.

"U-uh..." I look up at him. "You aren't... even... on-" I jump as his neck joint snaps, causing his head to fall and look directly at me. "SHI-" I fall backwards. "What am I even doing here, I should just..." I get up and look towards the door, and then back to Foxy. I look down and grip my head. "What am I doing?!" I say loudly. I look up and sigh and walk behind Foxy to inspect the damage.

"That's why it broke, it was so rusty and decayed..." I chuckle weakly. "Probably just... just a coincidence... haha..." I replace the joint. I have to take off his head momentarily to get it back into place. "Yeah, I can see how getting stuffed into one of these will kill you." I say, remembering the message from last night. I wipe some of the oil from his joints on my jeans and begin putting away the tools. I sigh shakily.

"Time to get to work..." I say as I close the curtain to Pirate's Cove.