The Bite

Day: 3

"Hey kid, wake up." I hear someone say as I am ripped from my current dream and into the real world. I awaken with a jump.

I look and see it was the owner of the establishment. I get up quickly and look at him.

"Oh, hey Boss..." I say weakly.

"Why are you sleeping in here? And what the hell happened to Bonnie?" He says.

My heart sinks. 'That's right, Foxy tore Bonnie's face off...' I have to think fast. "Oh, he got damaged while in free-roam mode."

He looks at me skeptically. "In the security room? Where you were supposed to be?" He says.

No matter what I say he doesn't seem to believe me. As he leaves, he tells me he is very surprised that I survived Bonnie entering the room I was in.

'He knows they are killing people and he doesn't care!' I think.

"So... what are you gonna do?" The greeter says as we sit down in the dining room. I learned that his name is Jake and he was 21. As he sips his coffee, I take a small sip of my tea.

"I don't know." I say. "The owner says that they could fix Bonnie but they weren't because they are replacing him once this place shuts down and reopens next month. So they just put a replacement head on and are leaving him off during the day."

"Is it true?" he asks.

"Is what true?" I say.

"Is it true Foxy saved you? I heard from the people managing the kitchen, they saw Bonnie's damage and it looks like a claw did it. Foxy's claw."

I sigh and then smile. "Yeah, it's true." I look towards Pirates Cove. "He saved me, we even talked a bit. He... remembers me.."

His eyes open wide. "Are you kidding me? They are just robots! Are you telling me he actually talked to you?"

"Yes, I am, and I can show you. Come on." I say as we pick up our drinks and head for Pirates Cove.

"You sure about this?" he asks. "He's not supposed to be on during the day." Jake grabs my shoulder as I reach for the curtain.

"He's already on, he's just sleeping." I say. "I can wake him up." I say.

"Just.. be careful. You know about the b-" he begins, but I interrupt him.

"-I know what I'm doing. Foxy wouldn't hurt anyone!" I say as I open the curtain. Revealing Foxy within. "Foxy? You paying attention?" I say as I step up on stage. "Light through the curtain activates you, come on man."

"B-Be careful (Y/N)..." Jake says warily. "He could-"

"-He could listen to me and wake up." I say as I shake him a bit. "Wake up buddy, it's okay. You can turn on now, he's a friend." He does nothing. "Foxy, we have to talk about things. I need you to wake up for me." He remains still.

"He's not going to turn on (Y/N)..." he says, grabbing my arm. "Let's just come back later."

"He's faking it!" I say as I get out of his grasp and take out a screwdriver. "I'll show you." I open up his back panel and begin making repairs again. "I remember what you said this feels like, Foxy." Foxy begins to vibrate.

"What are you...?" Jessica begins, but then backs away as Foxy's eyes open.

"Stop it matey! That tickles!" Foxy says as he turns around to face me and jumps backwards off the stage. He falls on his knees as one of his leg springs snaps.

"Foxy!" I say as I run over and get him back on his feet. "I'll get the tin a jiffy, don't worry."

"Thank ye, matey." He pauses and notices Jake. "Who is yer little laddie friend here?" He says as he looks at Jake. Hee smiles and looks at him in slight fear. "What's t' matter little lad? Ol' Foxy don't scare ye, do I?"