7.

"Beyoncé you did, what!?" Nicki question at the brunch table, in disbelief that her best friend had laid her hands on a grown man.

Beyoncé shrugged before taking a bite of her fries. "I should have done more than that, he's an asshole for disrespecting me."

Nicki nodded her head agreement; she was sure after brunch she'd give Carter a call to give him a piece of her mind. "You right."

".. I just get so angry thinking about it again. How could he disrespect me like that, Nicki?! Even when we were not together, I was still loyal to him; made sure he was okay, had clothes on his back, food in his fridge... but I step out one time, and now I'm a hoe." She let out a yelp before speaking again, "Unbelievable!"

Nicki sat back and let her friend vent. She did not want to intervene in hopes that it would not lead to another disagreement between the two; although Nicki felt she was correct in her judgement, Beyoncé was a friend she truly valued and did not want to lose.

"Am I wrong!?" said Beyoncé once she noticed Nicki's quiet behavior.

"No, dear.. you're hurt and I understand that one-hundred percent."

"Maybe I need to get revenge.."

"Okay, now you're just talking out your ass, Beyoncé. Revenge is not the answer. I already told you what to do and you caught an attitude with me."

Instead of responding, Beyoncé forcefully stabbed her fork into her salad, separating the many pieces before taking a bite. She knew Nicki was right but she was too prideful to admit it; the pain she was feeling was enough to know that she was acting foolish when it came to Carter.

"Did Lala say she was coming?" Nicki said, changing the subject after a few moments of silence.

"She told me she'd be busy today. Something about meeting her mother this morning, and Kiyan having a basketball game later."

"Want to go and support??"

Beyoncé lightly shrugged her shoulders, "I don't think so Nic.. I'm still pretty jet lagged from the trip and think it'll be best if I just stay in for the day."

Immediately, Nicki picked up on Beyoncé's depressive tone. She scolded herself for not noticing the signs early; even Beyoncé's abnormal outfit choice of bland wear instead of heels and a well, put together outfit was enough for those closes to Beyoncé to know that something wasn't right.

"Are you sure you're okay, B? I'm here if you want to talk-"

"I'm fine." She mumbled, cutting Nicki off from finishing her statement.

"You say that as if I don't know you like I know you. But I'll let you be, you have my number." Nicki arose from the table, placed enough money down to pay for brunch, and placed a kiss on Beyoncé's forehead before departing.

After brunch, Nicki decided to support Kiyan on her own. She pulled into a parking spot and followed behind the crowd of families into the gymnasium.

"Nicki!" Lala yelled as she spotted the 5'2 beauty. Quickly, Nicki joined Lala and the rest of her family on the stands; they had a great view to witness Kiyan and all the surrounding action.

"How have you been?" Nicki asked after greeting Lala with a hug.

"Alright, for the most part. How about yourself?"

Before responding, Nicki took note of Carmelo's absence. She was aware of Lala's marital issues but understood that this was not the time nor place to bring that up. "I'm good, just left brunch and decided to come support."