Chapter 1

All rights and copyrighted material go to the author Richelle Mead

This is my first fanfic so please enjoy it!!

The picture on the side is of Rose and Lissa (also sorry if the picture isn't very good)

~~~~~

I was woken up by the soft growling of Loui, our Japanese Spitz dog. I got up to see what was troubling him, as usual, he kept his distance, but he was still growling at something outside the window. When I looked out the window, I noticed a tall shadowy figure standing 20 metres away from our unit, as soon as I saw him, he disappeared. Once I was sure he was gone I shut the curtain and ran to Lissa's room. I quickly woke Liss up and said, “We have to leave now.” As I said that confusion flashed in her eyes then suddenly to realistation. “Ok, I will grab some food, while you pack some clothes, meet you downstairs in 5,” she replied. “Kay,” I replied, already starting to pack some clothes into our backpacks.

As soon as I finished that I raced downstairs to meet Lissa holding Loui at the back door of our unit, grabbing the car keys on the way out. “Your seriously taking the dog with us?” I asked annoyed. “Yea,” Lissa replied patting Loui. I gave her one of the bags and put the other one on my back. I lead the way to our Mazda 3, which we 'borrowed' from a nice elderly lady. As soon as we got to the car I unlocked it and got to the drivers side while Lissa sat in the passenger seat.

 5 minutes later, a man walked in front of our car, I had to put the breaks on suddenly so we didn't hit him. I was about to get out and yell at him but realised that he was the same man that was standing in front of our unit 10 minutes ago. I knew we wouldn't make it very far, but that doesn't mean I am giving up. I tried reversing but too late their were guardians behind us as well. I looked to my left and right and there were more guardians, 8 altogether. “Not even the Queen travels with this many guardians,” I commented. “Yea, you got that right,” Lissa said in her thoughts. “Haha,” I reply. I am not giving up. Lissa can't go back to that place.

“Lissa, get out of the car and get behind me,” I whispered to her. Lissa quickly got out of the car and stood next to me. I took off my backpack and put the car in reverse leaving my backpack on the pedal. The car collided with a wall before it reached a dhampir, but while they were all watching the car, Lissa and I escaped down an alley. Shortly after I could hear them running behind us getting closer and closer. I was aiming to get to the subway and hoping to lose them there, but they were gaining, there was a chance we could make it though. If we manage to get on the train we would lose them. “Lissa if we get to the subway, we will lose them.” After I said this Lissa increased her speed a bit but I could still easily outrun her. Come on, come on! We're almost there. We were almost there when a guardian jumped out of nowhere into our path, he was the same guardian I saw who ran infront of our car and who was also looking at me through the window.

I also noticed that he was no weak guardian, he has muscles, like everywhere. I am not kidding, if he wasn't trying to take us back to the academy, I would consider dating him. He has a nice 8 pack, and extremely toned muscles. The guardian looked amazing in the tight fitted shirt he is wearing. Stop, remember we have to escape. I broke out of my dazed state and put Lissa behind me backing towards a wall, since there was no exits, this time I had to fight. Even if the guardian was hot, there is no way I am leaving Lissa. I took a deep breath and ran towards the sexy looking guardian and attacked, I tried a move I hadn't done since we left 2 years ago. It was a very poor manoeuvre, he easily deflected it and punched my in the jaw, I went flying backwards and was knocked unconcious.

I woke to the sound of of a car engine. When I looked around I saw I wasn't alone. The hot guardian was drving, while Lissa sat in the middle seat in the back, with two guardians on either side of her. “Really, is this really necessary,” I said annoyed that they had handcuffed me to the door. “Yes, so you don't attempt to escape,” the sexy guardian replied, with a strong Russian accent. After a few minutes of silence Lissa sent me a picture of us a few months ago, when we were shopping for clothes and I thought that a shop attendent was trying to attack Lissa, but it turned out that he was just trying to show her some jewelery that he thought would go with her dress. I ended up embarassing myself. “Hahah, yeah that day was hilarious,” I said outloud not caring if they thoguht I was talking to myself and remembering that I got sent out of the shop by the shop manager. The guardian driving just looked at me and continued driving. Five minutes later he said, “My name is Dimitri. Dimitri Belikov.” “My name is Ro-,” I abruptly got cut off by dimitri saying, “You're Rose. Rose Hathaway.” Which bewildered me...how did he know my name?

~~~~~

Please vote and comment!!!

And sorry if its short. It is my first story on wattpad.