Prologue

◆◇◆◇◆
Hey, let me introduce myself, I am Scarlet Jones, just a typical teen in highschool.
And I have a childhood friend.
Her name is Tulip.
Tulip went to the same school as I did, recently, I discovered that she has been severely bullied by a couple of mean girls in her class. Not to mention her family situation is not helping any better to her current life.
Once, I caught her crying in the restroom during lunch time in school. She was in such a mess, her hair was ruffled and messy, contrary to her normal neatly-tied ponytail.
It didn't took much to notice that she has been balling her eyes out, considering the fact that she would appear to school with her eyes swollen and red.
Tulip and I used to be close, well, not that I'm implying we're not close anymore, it's just that we drifted apart ever since we got seperated into different classes during the start of the semester.
We still talk though, every weekend my family would go over to her house to, you know, bond? I could say that our families were close.

***
One day, Tulip's mother came up to me privately and asked,"Scarlet, honey, have you seen anything bad happening to... Tulip? In school?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Well it's just that Tulip has been feeling very down lately, and she wouldn't tell us why. One day, she left her notebook on the dining table. As I went up to her room to pass it to her, I accidentally flipped the book open to one page and... I saw a handwritten note.  "

"Well what did it say?" I asked in curiosity.

"I want to die." Tulip's mother replied after a moment of silence. There was a hint of sadness in her tone.
I paused, processing the words I just heard, it couldn't be from Tulip.. The girl who always smiled so brightly. The girl who would look past any negativity. It was then I realised, Tulip was hurt, and the bullies were pushing her to her limit. What if? What if one day, she breaks. And took away her own life?

***
I was horrified at that idea. The thought of losing my childhood best friend pained me more than anything else.

Oh god, she might die.

The thought rang repeatedly through my head.
No, I won't. I will not stand aside and watch that incident unfold.

That's when I made a decision.

I will save Tulip. Before she does anything silly.

◆◇◆◇◆