Chapter One

Everything that is going on in this place is not normal. Vampires, wolves, warlocks, tinkers, fairies, the gods and we – the super naturals are all in this place, studying. People from the outside doesn't know that we are alive and we exist. We fight, we loose and sometimes we win. Our lives are depending on how we choose to live. Whether we like it or not, if we are really destined to be here, you don't have a choice but to agree and adopt what is going on around you.

"Kate! We have to go now. We don't want to be late in the arrival." I heard Zann shouting behind the door. I rolled myself thinking of the arrival. "Why so excited Zann? It's just an arrival. We all know that the person who will arrive this day will never accept the fact that he or she will never get out of this place... We experienced that." I said it while closing the book that I'm writing and opened the door, I saw my bestfriend's face smiling widely. Ughh is he really like this? He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, "Whatever Kate. Let's just go and watch even though you are not interested in. Just go with the flow."

And with that we run and run until we reached the dome. It was already full of students and everybody was excited. Some of them were busy showing their abilities. But my eyes landed on the right side of the dome. The vampires are there. They were silently watching the students as if they were having fun and they were excited for the arrival but the truth is they are not. You can see that in their faces. It was just calm but fierce.

"Kate sit here." Zann said and tapped the chair beside him. I went back to my senses and sat down.

The crowd began to be silent. They were looking up as I follow them, I saw the founder floating in the air. She's Amelia, the founder of Agartha Mendeleve Academy, the school for special students. We were informed that she is the most powerful of all people living here in Agartha. She landed on the center.

"My dear lovely students! How are you?" She asked and the crowd became wild. "Do you miss mama?" I heard Zann joining the crowd as they shout. "Today we all know that there will be another student that will arrive in a minute." She paused for awhile and surprisingly looked at my direction and smiled. "My dear Kate from the Super naturals, after this event I want you to be his or her guide in here." I stood up and nod as I agree with Amelia.

"That was cool Kate! I thought you hate babysitting." Zann said and laughed. I glared at him and faced the center. He is like that – always. He's so joker and I don't know when he is serious or when he is not. That's him and I don't want him to change.

Everybody was waiting patiently when the light from the sun entered the dome as the window from above opened slowly. But everybody was confused when the area went dark and the sun was nearly gone. The students were already ready whatever may happen. The sky was dark and it was like... running? Is the time running? I looked at the time keepers but they were just chill like the time was still it's original time.

Suddenly a light from above is moving down slowly. Is that the new one? Why is it different from us? We came in light and flower. We grew and turned into us again. We were just a normal people living on Earth but when our 17th birthday came? We vanished from the world we live in. Only special people can live here.

"Why is he different?" asked Zann. "I don't know. It's for us to find out why." I said and sat down as the light began growing big and big and transformed into a... young boy? He should be at least 17 years old but the way he stands and his features, he's only 10 years old. The young boy was still sleeping and I think it's my time to handle him. Amelia stepped into the light and smiled as the crowd were whispering. "My dear students. It's just normal for that to happen. Long time ago when Mr. Hogarts was still just like him, the sky was also like that. We still don't know what ability that the young boy have. But it is our first time to witness that the new one is not a teenager. He is nearly 10 years old. So Kate I want you to handle this young boy perfectly." I stood up and went closer to them as Zann carried the young boy. "Amelia don't worry. I am going to take care of the young boy. We have to go now before he wakes up and do something strange in front of the students." I said and went out. I don't want that to happen again. The last arrival was a failure. The girl woke up and shouted and became wild and uncontrollable. Her keeper was shocked and threw the young girl far away. We found out that the girl was dead because she was hit by a stone and she ran out of blood. The week passed and not long enough the keeper was found out dead in its room. She committed suicide because of the incident. And I don't want that to happen to me.

We arrived at my house and Zann placed the young boy at the bed. "Do you want me to sleep here tonight? What if something will happen to you both?" I smiled at him. We are more like siblings already. That's why he's so protective to me. "Zann I know you're worried. But I can handle this. He's just a young boy and besides I'm the rank 1 of the super naturals and I am not weak enough to handle him." I said as he walk outside. After that I closed the door and prepared some food for the boy. In case he wakes up any minute from now.

While I was cooking I heard some noises from outside so I slowly looked at the window and the good thing is it was just Zann's dog. Yeah he's my neighbour and he is so freaking over protective to me.

"Where am I?"

"So you are already awake." I said and went near him but he stepped back as if he's scared.

"Just answer my question! Where am I?!" he shouted. I raised my hands in the air in a sign of surrender.

"Chill young boy. I'm Kate by the way. What's your name?" I smiled so that he won't be afraid anymore.

"Hunter. Now, where am I?"

"Do you really want to know?" I asked back and sat down in the edge of the bed. He nodded and I tapped my side and he followed. He sat beside me trying to listen to my explanations.

"You're here in Agartha Mendeleve Academy, a school for special people like you... like me." I explained.

"I never heard of this place before." He said.

"That's because no one knows this place." I answered.

"Why?"

"That we don't know." I paused for a while. "Don't be curious and be nosy. It will just lead you in danger." I said.

"You mentioned that this school is for special people. I'm confused by that. Am I special?"

"Yes you are. You can't enter Agartha without any ability. So what

kind of ability you have?" I asked.

"Ability? I'm just a normal kid Kate. I'm not special."

"You are Hunter. Maybe your ability is not yet shown because you are just a kid. Someday you will know."

"Okay? So Kate what ability do you have?"

"I have Pyrokinesis. It's an ability allowing a person to create and control fire with the mind. And lastly, Empathy. It is a capacity to understand or feel what another person is experiencing from within the other person's frame of reference and it can also place oneself in another's position."