07 | S E V E N

07 | S E V E N

Song Ma Rin

Radio Voice Over : Annyeong, all the dreamers out there!

I leaned against my chair and sighed, closing my eyes. I played my day in my mind, and halted when the part where my mom enters my room came.

I don't even want to think about that. But my stupid mind betrayed me. My thoughts replayed what she'd said.

"Make sure you're the Class Pres the next two years."

"So what if they think you're taking advantage?  Prove them wrong. Don't you let your grades drop-"

I stood up, and shook my head. The burden was too much. Still I looked down to my desk where my books and diary lay messy; I had to sit down.

I increased the volume of the radio in my phone. And even though it was too low to echo through my room, his voice filled my ears.

Want to know, how to block something, or someone from your mind?

Don't we all.

I'll teach you a trick.

Close your eyes and taking a deep breath, lean against something.
If you don't have anything to lean against at the moment, create an imaginary wall, and put your pressure on it.

I obeyed each of his words. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Leaning against my chair, I waited for his next commands.

Now imagine a wall. A big white blank, plain wall in your mind.

I did.

Don't let your thoughts pass that wall. Push them out with full force. Play a battle in your mind, but do it softly. Does your head hurt? Take it easy.

Don't give up.

I tried. Real hard. But my head started hurting too much and my eyes flew open. Letting out a deep breath,I turned off the radio and plopped down on my bed.

It wouldn't work. It's stupid to believe in these. Turning off the lamp onmy nightstand, I closed my eyes and drifted off to a deep sleep.

Park Eun Ha

"You need to thin up more, Eun Ha." My mother said, staring down at the weight machine with a disappointed look on her face.

I sighed and my shoulders slumped down.

"I'm trying, but how much more?" I asked as I got down from the machine and sat down on the floor. I was in my training room, that was for me in my home.

"Three to four, and you'll be the perfect weight of a gymnast. Skip the lunch at school, and take the food from home." She said. "You have time to practice at least half an hour before bed, dear. Practice your stretches." She ordered and sat down on the couch.

I stood up and slowly let my feet slide to either sides, doing a split. I bent forward to touch my toes.

My mother nodded in approval, and said, "Your splits and stretches are fine.  Your flexibility improved."