Soul Suffer

From the very first time that Bethany Hamilton caught a wave, she knew she wanted to be a pro sufferer. Surfing became her passion. She always says she is so competitive because she grew up with two brothers.

Soul Surfer tells of a young girl who loses her arm while she is surfing with her best friend's family. She is still able to learn how to surf with one arm. But the whole story is yet to come. Bethany Hamilton puts her whole heart and soul into surfing. But with surfing came training and the pressure to win from her family.

While Bethany was training on a reef with her best friend. She was relaxing on her surfboard when a great life shark came out of nowhere and bit her arm off. Bethany's friend's family helped her to the shore, where they met the ambulance halfway to the hospital. From then on her life was changed. She was not going to be able to do a lot of the stuff the same that she did before.

Bethany kept in mind everything that has been said to her. Just before she wakes up she has a dream about surfing a huge wave and only she sees a bright light. She turned away from the light and got out of the wave and woke up to her family right next to her in the hospital room.

She goes into a hyper Bulimic shock. After the accident, Bethany was going to learn to do things a lot different. She thinks about surfing well when she is in the hospital. The door says she can get back into the water once the stitches come out. Once they do, she learns how to surf. She competes in the first competition and gets fifth place, but then quits. In the meantime, her dad came up with a plan, when she went to duck dive he gave her board a handle. That way she won't fall off when she is under the water.

In the last few minutes of the surf competition Bathany is sitting there on her surfboard, and feels a big wave come on. She takes off after it and gets into the wave right before the last buzzer goes off to end the competition. Even though they could not count the wave, Bethany came in fifth place and ended up proving to the whole world that you can do anything you put your mind to.