The Pregnancy Pact

Teenage Pregnancy with Friends

This movie was one of the many movies that took and walked through the rough road of being pregnant and in high school. Still even after the warnings and the movies and the talk with parents the kids still wanted to be pregnant. Nothing was changing their minds, they thought it would be cool to be pregnant together. Well as plans seemed to happen others lost the ones that they loved just because they wanted to be like their friends.

The nurse wanted to keep condoms and pills available at the school for anyone who might need it, and were afraid to tell their parents they had sex. As the increase of pregnancies keep happening one reporter goes there to talk with the young girls about why they would want to be pregnant together. Their answers were shocking. The main reason is so they can have their kids grow up together, and so they can know what it is like to be pregnant together as well.

If you ask me though this movie was more promoting sex and having a kid then teaching high schoolers and young girls not to have kids right out of high school. All the girls in this movie wanted to share something, well this is not something that you want to share.

Throughout the movie the girls have to tell parents what is going on. Jamie's parents freak out and blame her boyfriend who knew nothing of what happened. Jamie never told Troy that she was pregnant, or that it was a whole pact she made with her friends at school. She said it was an accident from having sex without a condom. Her dad flips out and Jamie doesn't know what to do at all. She finds comfort in the reporter who came to the town to see the girls and talk with them. The reporter was shocked when Jamie told her this was part of the plan. She got pregnant on purpose just like her friends, only she didn't realize it until it was too late.

Troy found out and was not happy about it, I mean I wouldn't be either. At the end of the movie Jamie was alone without any help from Troy. She thought he would stay with her because she was pregnant, but she found out that she was wrong that Troy did leave her. She had the baby and her family that was all.

This movie does teach a lesson. It teaches us that even though we love someone and want to spend our lives together doesn't mean we should go out and have kids. We should wait until the time is right to have kids and you know that the person you have them with is not going to leave you because of it.