2

Sample only, I was able to self publish this book.

The rest can be found on amazon

His Alpha by Rachelle Mills.

Tommies POV

The early morning dew still clings to the grass as I pull away from my apartment. It was the perfect location, close to the university, within walking distance. That was the big sell to my parents when I first came here. After four years I never thought I would leave, envisioning my life with him. Making my trips back to the pack less and less, and only when I know Tate would not there, prepping my parents slowly for the reality of me not returning to the territory I was born on.

Now that's all changed; rejection has a way of making you get back to your root, to find comfort in the known even though I have to go back and face my mate. I would rather face him than face my lover's new lover.

The lesser of two evils.

Hours of driving and thinking back, reminiscing about how it all started. I can't blame him; I blame myself for falling for him.

It's a conscious effort to not feel the top of my lip with my finger, the image of his mouth on mine, the way his stubble always tingles my upper lip.

Does he even know I'm leaving?

I guess I just outgrew him; his preference is for the young looking.

When I caught that glimpse of him from far away; I had to lean against the wall to catch myself from falling. He had someone else, you could tell by the way they were looking at each other. New love always has such a pure look to it.

Such a promise to it.

It was startling when I realized I was attracted to my professor. That small confession to myself was the catalyst that maybe I was slightly curious. He planted the seed in my head, how cunning of him. The way he would lean over me in lecture, his thigh brushing against my arm just enough for me to feel the heat of him. Nothing lingering, nothing substantial, just a quick brush of his body against mine, but to a wolf that has a different meaning.

It started out with just a touch, innocent enough. But isn't that how grooming starts out? All innocent.

The professor invited me for coffee and offered help with my assignments. I couldn't believe how lucky I was to find a teacher taking such interest in me. A freshman away from home for the first time, just eighteen, I didn't have any friends yet, in a way I think he understood this. He was becoming my friend, slowly creeping into my life. A predator studying his prey, learning its habits. I can see this now as I look back on it with a clear view of the past.

I remember our first kiss, the way his fingertip brushed the hair out of my eyes, back then I wore my hair long, rebellious. That second of knowing what he was going to do had me freezing up.

Sensing this, he stopped just a fraction away from my lips.

"Have you ever kissed a man?" His question to me had my heart racing, throat tightening. My lack of answer had him smiling like he just found an unopened treasure. He set the scene, his room, his bed, soft music playing I was ignoring my sense of logic, that this just wasn't right but I didn't stop it.

His breathing became deeper, eyes dilating closer to me. I told myself it's just a kiss, nothing more.

I can handle a kiss.