Chapter 1

I twisted my keys in the ignition as unease twisted and settled its way into my gut. Should I even go? A part of me wondered- I still had enough time to make the exit and follow the familiar roads to my home. Even as I thought this I couldn't force my limbs to respond with my line of thinking.

My arms refused to flip the blinker and switch to the right lane. Instead I trailed him like a good little girl abiding by his rules, but I fully intended to switch gears tonight. I selfishly wanted to pull pieces apart from him and take them for myself and hold them as distinguished prizes.

The rage had been building up in me all day and I knew he was just the person to release it on, not like I had anyone else anyways.

Everyone else was too afraid to go against me, but too afraid to go near me either.

I didn't have to do much to receive my reputation, I was practically handed the brand once I was bred with the namesake Boyer. The name was like a curse on the street you couldn't be known with a name like that without having words thrown around it like alcoholic, insane, bad news.

I came from a broken family, and everyone who met me would stay hooked on that fact but I didn't care enough to refute their opinions so I just went with it.

I was that 6th grader smoking with the 9th graders behind the portables, then I became that freshman who slept with the seniors of the baseball team, and then my biggest offense; I became Colden's girl and my reputation was concrete from there.

I didn't need to don any leather or ride a Harley, the stoic demeaning eye candy always on my right shoulder spoke levels louder than the usual cliché 'bad girl' accessories ever could.

I pulled my car behind Coldens, in front of his immaculate-per usual- house. I hopped out and looked around, my little run down car that had tape holding the hood down seeming out of place in front of the mansion Colden called a home.

My car aligned perfectly with the row of hedges that stretched to the back of the house forming a literal maze. Vines coiled around the side of the house and unlike the untidy and unkempt ones that layered my lawn, these had a purpose; to decorate.

I glared at the white paint coloring the dimensions of the glorified box because it actually stuck to it and didn't inhabit any scratches or unusual layers of nail polish.

A rough hand curled around my elbow yanking me forward abruptly, nearly making me lose my balance in the process. "Care to move that ass of yours anytime soon sweetheart" Colden's gruff voice cooed sarcastically in my ear.

Great he's in a mood. Well that makes two of us.

I rolled my eyes and ripped my arm from his grasp. He didn't say anything just gave me that dark blank look he always wore. I rolled my shoulders back and glided forward letting the heels I took from Amy click with every step.

"Could you quit that, your giving me a head ache!" He snapped yanking on my shoulder.

I turned and gave him a sweet smile before pulling off my heels and throwing an arm behind his shoulder. I pulled my face up close to his stopping short of his lips before throwing the heel up behind him and clanging it on the top of his head. "Ooh guess the surface is too hollow, it doesn't make a click" I fake pouted before turning into his house and throwing open his door before he could make a sound.

"Deranged bitch," I heard him mutter and could imagine him rubbing his hand against his head. I hope it comes back bloody.