Chapter 3

I woke up to a machine beeping. I knew to well and recognized that we were in a hospital. No surprise there! I try to open my eyes or move but its I can't move a single muscle nor can I open my eyes. I get frustrated after a while and think 'Whats going on?'

But I a thought running through my head. 'How did I get here?'  I try to remember anything that would have caused me to be here but come up blank. As I keep trying to remember. After a while I gave up, but not because I don't feel like remembering anymore but instead I stop because I get this humongous headache as if someone is hitting my head with a hammer repeatedly.

I can't move nor can I talk great! Not. Well at least i'm not alone. How do I know that? Well its because I keep hearing these hushed voices. I recognized one  as my Brother?!. Wait whats he doing here he's supposed to be in college unless he didn't want to finish college and came back. How did he get here though? And I couldn't recognize the other voice probably a nurse or something.

Well if I want all my questions to be answered I'll just have to pick up my heart rate so they know that i'm awake.  How am I suppose to do that? I f I were awake I would probably be stroking my fake beard. I laughed inwardly as a funny thought came to mind. I heard the machine quicken a little bit' indicating that my heart rate increased after I had laughed.

Then a thought came to mind I'll just keep thinking about funny things until I laugh so hard that the machine won't be able to keep up with my heart beat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then I remember the time when my friend Lesly wanted to go swimming and I didn't know how to swim and Lesly had said "Babe, if you don't know how to swim I'll teach you how." I couldn't say no to those big brown eyes and caved in. We swam together for a while until she got tired and went inside. Heart sped up for 2 seconds but went back to normal.

I went inside with her just to make sure she wouldn't do anything stupid. How stupid? Well very stupid. She was warming up water and she was going to dump the boiling hot water in a cup. But I told her to wait till the pan was cold but she kept saying it was already cold. I let her grab the pan so I could say I told you so. I saw her once relaxed face turn into one of pain as she grabbed the pan. I grabbed the pan with a rag and put it in the sink. She was jumping around screaming profanities while as I was laughing my ass off. Heart sped up faster than the last two times.

After that incident I don't leave her alone unless it's a life or death situation or unless Lizbeth is with Lesly.

We went up to her room and saw as she went and took a shower and came out with her hair dry but tanged with a brush in her hand I knew she wanted me to brush her hair.

I indicted for her to sit down. her bed so I could get started on her hair. after a few minutes her hair was without a single tangle and straight. She got up and went to the bathroom which took her 20 mins. 'What is she doing?' I got up to check what she was doing.

As soon as I got up I saw Lesly  come out of the restroom with a new bikini that had looks dots. With her hair curled that reached her elbows.

What I loved most about Lesly was her smile. Sometimes I envy Lesly. I envy her because she's always so joyful and happy with no worries and her smile shows it.

I took in her smile to her big brown eyes to her button nose, her high cheekbones, she was around 5'4, and skinny.

I then ask her 'where she is going.'