Trapped

Tris's POV

I stand in a box, not just any normal box, this box does not even look like a box. It is clear and transparent with short length in the walls. It is about my size and fits me inside perfectly. Earlier, I tried walking-not realizing that there were walls- out of the small room. I smashed my nose on the glass but the glass did not shatter at all. If I did not try and walk, then I would have never guessed that this is a box with secure glass walls. I don't even remember why I am here. The last thing I remember is Tobias trying to break us free.

This tiny, glass box reminds of my Initiation from about two years ago. One of my fears was being trapped in this box, not being able to escape. I however did manage to escape, unlike others while in their fears. I am Divergent and Divergence threatens the systems. Most people cannot think that it is only a simulation during their fears. I am different like other the others who are Divergent. I broke the glass with one touch, one thought which was: this isn't real.

All of a sudden, the glass box fills with water. Screams erupt from inside of me sounding like a monster. I should know that this isn't real. I shouldn't be panicking like this. This is a simulation, except this simulation is real. This glass is indestructible and will not break once I know that this isn't real. I tried that method: using my Divergence. Any minute Tobias should come to my rescue to save me or maybe I will wake up and this will all just be a terrible, horrifying dream. But neither happens.

Then the unspeakable happens, the water fills the entire box completely. I scream, taking in gulps of water. I try to hold my breath as long as I can but that only lasts for five impressive seconds. I remember when my father taught me to swim and how I loved being underwater. I remember the few times from when I took a bath and I stayed underwater for so long that my mom thought that I drowned.

I hear someone outside, my vision starts to blur and I almost pass out but before I see someone. Tobias.

A/N: sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have had writer's block. I made three new stories called Divergent High, Divergent High, and Divergent In Modern Day: Four/Tobias. Please read them and comment and vote!! Also comment ideas if yon want me to update again.

I saw Divergent earlier!! Did anyone else? It was way different from the books and the events were out of order and fast but it was still amazing! Theo James was a great Four. I laughed like the whole time and Shai was amazing as Tris. They were really good actors.