Final

"so the main reason for the drop in price is due to the lesser demand from consumers as well as the decrease of cost of production."

"ahhh, I see, I see. thanks oppa!" You scribbled down the answers on your practice paper.

"sorry that you had to stay back in school to help me with my revision, even though you already ended your last paper." You apologized, it was his last year in high school and the fact that you had him staying back with you instead of going out with his friends made you feel really bad.

"it's okay. i will always be here to help!"

"this is why so many girls like you, youngmin oppa. you're always so willing to help others, if that doesn't melt girl's heart, then i don't know what will."

"hmm, does that include you?" youngmin teased.

"w-well, actually i-i–" you stammered.

"I'm just joking, no need to get so flustered!" youngmin ruffled your hair and patted it afterwards.

'I'm only getting flustered because what you said is true...'

"let's go, i'll walk you home." youngmin extended his hand to you, and you willingly took it because when will you ever get to do this right?

he pulled you out of your seat and you both started walking towards the school gate.

***

because you guys live 2 blocks away from each other, youngmin would walk home with you occasionally. but this time as you both walked home, you saw youngmin friends waiting under his block.

"yah! im youngmin you're late! did you really think we'd celebrate without you? plus we brought–"

"youngmin-ah!" a blonde girl ran up to give him a bear hug.

"h-hyeri?!" youngmin exclaimed.

"i missed you so much."

hyeri went ahead and placed a peck on his lips. youngmin just stood frozen, not even giving a single expression. you felt your heart break that instant.

"(y/n)! you came back with youngmin?" kenta, youngmin's close friend,  asked.

"y-yeah, he was helping me with my revision since i still have a paper tomorrow. well, i'll be heading home first. see you." you walked away quickly, trying to forget the hollowness in your heart.

"(y/n)! all the best tomorrow!" youngmin shouted, you showed a thumbs up without looking at him, and walked away.

***

'what was I thinking? of course he would have a girlfriend already.'

you sighed and thought back to the time when you first met him. because your results always sucked, your teacher had to get a special tutor for you, and it just had to be the senior, that everyone in the school adores.

he was always helpful, patient and will always motivate you no matter what happens. that was what made you started liking him that much, his willingness and kindness. after which, you guys started hanging out quite often especially when tests were coming closer.

you shook off your thoughts about that certain senior and decided to get some sleep to have a clear mind for your last paper in the morning.

***

you didn't see youngmin for the entire day, well even if you did, you would have tried to ignore him. you continued to do so to save your sorry heart because you just didn't want to feel hurt anymore.