~1~

Nile's POV:

"Hello, I am reporter Jeong Yeong from Seoul News and today I am covering the tragic story of how a girl saved a man's life, but losing her sight in the process." The reporter rearranged her papers and continued.

"Let's meet this amazing girl and her guide." Applause was heard and Yoongi gently pushed me forward. I started walking and felt unsure a couple times, but I eventually found my way to my chair. I sat down calmly and turned my head in the general direction of the reporter. I exhaled in relief when Yoongi put his hand on my arm. I couldn't see it, but I could tell that the reporter was smiling. I put on a grin and Yoongi patted my arm reassuringly.

"So, what's your name dear?" The reporter asked.

"Kim Nile, and this here is my guide Min Yoongi." I couldn't tell what her reaction was. Yoongi spelled out 'She doesn't seem to like you'  into my hand. I took a deep breath.

"Commercial break!" The director yelled.

"So, um-" the reporter trailed off. I finished her sentence.

"You want me to talk about my past?"  I snapped. Yoongi grabbed my arm alarmingly.

"I'm sorry. She can get like this sometimes. Just give her a direct question." Yoongi loosed his grip on my arm as he gave the instructions. I could tell the reporter was nodding. She rearranged her papers.

"Welcome back to Seoul news, this is Jeong Yeong reporting live from Seoul High Command. With me I have Kim Nile and Min Yoongi." She paused and turned to us. Then she continued. "Thank you for giving us the honour of interviewing you Kim."

"Oh please just call me Nile." I put on a smile.

"Now if you don't mind I have a few questions for both of you." I nodded. "I'd like to start with Yoongi if you don't mind." I traced letters into his hand as she was speaking. 'I can go first. It's okay' Yoongi nodded.

"Actually Nile told me she'd like to go first." Yoongi said after Yeong was done.

"Alrighty then." It sounded as if Yoongi knew her.

"Now Nile, if you don't mind I'd like to ask some questions about your past. Is that okay?" I nodded. I felt Yoongi's hand on the back of my neck. I turned my head in the direction that Yoongi's hand moved and put on a smile.

"So Nile, can you tell me what you remember from the incident?" I gripped the chair with both my hands. I felt Yoongi's hand pat my arm, I felt safe so I started spitting out what came to my head about the incident.

"Well I remember that it was March 9th, 2001, my birthday. I was in the Center Of Seoul doing my daily errands and I heard something hit the ground. I turned my head and I saw Yoongi walking past a grenade. I shoved him out of the way and then I was blown with a strong force, nocking me to the ground. Last thing I remember is seeing Yoongi's face and then everything went blurry. After that I blacked out." I felt tears forming around my eyes as I spoke. The day I lost my sight, I lost everything. Is what I wanted to end with, but I didn't. I closed my eyes and covered them with one hand. Blocking all the light. I took fast breaths, and I felt the tears roll down my face. Then I felt a arm go around my shoulders, I felt Yoongi's breath tickle my ear as he whispered.

"Hey, hey now. Don't cry, your not alone. I'm here." I quickly wiped the tears away and cleared my throat.

"Thank you very much Nile. Now Yoongi, I have a few questions for you." The interview went on and on, I just tried to look alert. Then, after a half hour, I suddenly heard Yoongi stand up. So I stood up too. We both shook hands with Yeong and we walked off the set. I pulled out my phone and Yoongi dialled Jimin's number. Then he handed the phone back to me.

"Hello, this is Jimin speaking."

"Hey Jimin, can you come and get us? We just finished the interview." I said.

"Sure thing! You guys are at Seoul High Command right?"

"Yep."

"Okay, see you in a bit!" Then I hung up. I tapped my foot on the ground twice, then I felt two taps back. I walked to where the taps where until I reached out my hand and poked Yoongi.

"So is he coming?" Yoongi asked.

"Yep." I felt Yoongi grab my hand.

"Then let's go wait outside. I don't like it here."

"Well we can both agree on that one." I let Yoongi guide me to the outside doors. It was snowing lightly. I sat on one of the stairs and Yoongi sat next to me.

"Yoongi, I'm sorry." I felt Yoongi's arm go around my shoulders.

"For what?" I sighed and tilted my head to the sky.

"For ruining your singing career, for having you to drag me around everywhere like a lost puppy, and for ruining your life." I buried my head in my hands. "It's all my fault for even losing my sight. I'm a failure." I began to cry.

"Now, now. Don't call yourself a failure, because you're not one. I love having your company during the hard road trips, and on tour. You're so helpful when it comes to translating languages and to be honest, I don't know what it would be like a day without you." Yoongi ran his hand through my hair while speaking. He paused at the last sentence with words still on his lips. "Nile, you didn't ruin my life or my singing career. You gave me a better singing career and a better positive look on life. I still don't know how to repay you for all you've done for me without thinking for yourself. That's what I like about you Nile, you put others safety and feeling before yourself without thought of what would happen to you." I sat up and imagined that last image of Yoongi's face. I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you Yoongi." At that moment, Jimin pulled up in his black truck.

"Let's go for ice cream, what do ya say?" I nodded and smiled. We both walked to the truck where Jimin and the other 5 members of BTS were waiting. He really cares. Unlike what my family was like when they heard the news. I guess I can stick around Yoongi's protective barrier a little longer. With those thoughts I smiled. Life can sometimes bring smiles to the most unfortunate people.