Chapter 4

The next morning I didn't go to school. Sallie called and texted me, but I didn't answer. I wanted to be alone. After last nights events I decided to stay home from school and figure out what the hell is going on. My mom is home but I don't feel it's right to ask her questions just yet. I need to go to someone else. But who? Maybe someone who knew my dad? But that would require asking my mom, so scratch that.  I guess doing research on the artifact the men showed us last night would be a good start.

I grabbed my laptop and tried to look up things about it with information I already know. Soon I found an article about something. I clicked on the link and some newspaper article popped up.

It said 'Man dies in research lab. Scientist daughter seriously injured in accident.' I knew instantly that it had to do with my dad. I started to read more on it. There was nothing that gave me any clues, just the same thing I've heard before. One of the machines malfunctioned and happened to be in the way. Then there was something new, it was about his daughter, me, and she was also involved and got seriously injured. The heck?

I did more digging and found a picture of the machine and that strange looking spear in it. Nobody knows what it is. Nobody else had really seen it except my dad and his employees and of course some other scientist.

I had enough info to figure the only thing that will help me find out more about the spear was my dad's research. The only thing is, I have no clue where it is. The first place I think of is the attic. Well, my mom went out grocery shopping so that gives me some time to check it out. I went into the hall where the attic door was. I opened up hatch and a whole section of steps came down so I could get into the attic. I went up and turned on the lights. It was dusty and gross but I had to find this research.

I walked around to try and find it. All I saw right now was just old toys from my childhood, pictures, old clothes, and boxes of junk. There was a corner in the room that had all of my baby things. I walked over there and started looking through things. So far I found nothing until I came upon a large safe that was about 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. I pushed it to the middle of the attic and noticed it wasn't dusty and it seemed as if someone recently opened it, my mom. I had to punch in a PIN number to open it. What would my mom use? How about my birthday? Nope. Maybe my parents' anniversary?  Nope. Maybe the day of my dad's death? Yes! It opened and there was papers galore. There was so many things on it from different things he researched. I soon found everything about the spear.

Jackpot!

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

A/N

I hope you guys liked this chapter and found it more interesting. I know it's going slow and all but I'm doing my best to get to the point and the juicy stuff. I thank you guys for your patience and reads! Any suggestions for me? Then just comment, but don't be too cruel. I don't take cruelty lightly. Thank you all so much! I love you!

Comment/Vote/Share

~Alliexx