Chapter 2 // Sleep

Here it is. Aishi-Chan's house.

I saw her leaving school on her bike, so I knew she'd take a while. Luckily, there was a bench outside her house which I took a seat on and waited. I dumped my school bag next to me and as I checked the time on my phone I began to feel sleepy...

"Masuta.." I heard a faint whisper in the darkness, "Mas." it spoke again faintly. "MASUTA!"
"Wha!?" I woke abruptly, noticing my surroundings had changed. "God don't do that." I sighed.
"How do you know my address? What were you doing asleep outside my house?"

I finally took a good look around. I was laying on a couch with a blanket on me. My bag was on the floor next to me along with my school jacket.

"Huh? Oh.. you dropped this." I sat up and opened my bag, looking around. I grabbed her diary and gave it to her.
"You.. You didn't read it, right?"
"N-No! Only the first page so I could find your address. I would have given it to you earlier but.."
"Not in the mood, I know." she placed it down on the table. "Get up."
"Mhm." I yawned, stretching as I did so.
"Come with me." she walked upstairs. I trailed behind her until she opened a room with (what I was assuming was) her bed in it.
"What?" I asked.
"Well go on then." she pointed.
"Huh? Are you asking me to.."
"W-What!? No! Go to sleep, idiot." she rolled her eyes.
"Oh.." I awkwardly laughed, walking into the room. "You don't mind?"
"I was gonna take you up here when I found you on the bench, but I'm not a body builder you know. It was hard enough getting you on the couch."
"Uh.. thanks?" I sat down on her bed.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Have a good sleep, I guess." she closed the door behind her, before abruptly opening it again, "Oh and if you touch my shit, you're dead." she slammed it once more.
"Yikes.." I mumbled to myself before laying down under her covers.

"Maybe he isn't so bad.." I looked at my diary. "Just maybe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"Stupid ala-" two voices spoke out.

I looked beside me to see a tired girl with silky hair cuddling onto me.
"Good morning." I said in my usual raspy, morning voice.
"O-Ohayo.." she looked away from me with bright red cheeks.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"I just.. y-you were asleep and it was getting late so I.. I wouldn't normally.."
"It's fine, Aya." I smiled.
"Oh.. I'm.." she let go of me. "Sorry.. I've never slept in the same bed as som-"
"Honestly Aishi-Chan, it's fine." I laughed.
"W-Whatever.. dummy.."
"Tsundere." I smirked.
"Not exactly.." she sat up and started to stretched. "Wrong dere."
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.
"N-Nothing. Shut it."
"No no, do tell!"
"I said shut it!"

Without thinking, I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her on top of me. I don't know why.. instinct maybe?

"M-Masuta!" she turned even pinker from embarrassment than she had before.
"You need to cool it with the attitude." I laughed.
"I don't have an- hmmm fine." she sighed.
"Much better."
"C-Can I.."
"Oh, right. Sorry."

I let go of her waist and she sat up, moving to the edge of her bed.

"Did you sleep well?" I changed the subject.
"Actually, yes. That was the best sleep I've gotten in ages." I sat next to her.
"Good.." she wouldn't look at me.
"Thank you Ayano." I kissed her on the cheek before standing up, "I'll go make breakfast, 'kay?"
"Mm... mhm."

While Aishi-Chan got dressed, I found my way around her kitchen and made some toast for us to eat as well as a cup of coffee for me and some green tea for her.

My school uniform smelt of her, but there was nothing I could do about it. I looked in the mirror and realised that I had no way to style my hair, since I had no products with me. Ayano gave me permission to use her hairbrush which I used to get rid of my bed head, but my hair would have to stay natural. It was like a mix of.. Taro Yamada and Shin Higaku.

I put on my jacket, but didn't have the heart to wear my club's bandana. When I came out of the bathroom I saw that Ayano was eating the breakfast I made for her, which made me smile.

"Woah.." she said as she turned in my direction.
"What?"
"You look.. different."
"Uhh?"
"I don't mean like.. BAD different. I just mean.. different."
"Oh.. heh. Yeah." I scratched my neck.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it as an insult."
"Oh I know. I don't have any hair product and I can't wear my club stuff so.. here I am. No fancy shield of appearance, just me." I sat down next to her.
"I like it." she smiled.
"Thanks."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Let's go." she opened the door. I followed behind her and waited for her to lock the door.

*click*

"A-Aya.. did you hear that?"
"Hear what?" she asked.
"Oh.. I must be hearing-"

*click*

"Uh.. that time I heard it.." she looked around.
"I-It's probably nothing, right?"
"Probably." she shrugged.
"Yeah. Let's go."

As we walked to school, many students were staring at us or winking or whatever. I was sure that the attention was because I looked so different.

That was until I talked to my teacher before school about my club.