"The Job of a High School Host!"

Reader's pov:

"Crud, crud, crud, crud, crud!" I silently chant to myself as I run to Music Room #3. I'm running because I'm late. Late for the host club. And knowing the boys, they'll keep taunting about it until tomorrow, which I don't want. I was late because I was doing some studying and not paying attention to the time. 

'There!' Up ahead, I see the sign that's labeled 'Music Room #3', making me sprint to the double, pink doors.

"Sorry I'-!" I say as I open a door, but stop when I see what's inside. Instead of a elaborate, pink room, it looks like a rain forest moved in over night.

"Welcome," I look to the center to see the boys in the exact place I first met them, and Haruhi standing a little ways from me. While Haruhi was still in her boy uniform, the others wear outfits for the theme the room is in.

 While Haruhi was still in her boy uniform, the others wear outfits for the theme the room is in

"What the..." I mumble, feeling irritation being drawn on my face.

"Shocking, huh?" Haruhi says while a toucan sits on her head. Hope it doesn't need to go to the bathroom.

'Mom,' I think. 'What have I gotten myself into by joining this... club?' A butterfly lands on my nose, making me do a small sneeze that sounds like a kitten's.

"Aw...Cute!" I hear some of the hosts say. Wasn't this going to be a fantastic day?

...

"So (Y/n), why aren't you wearing any clothing for this Bali theme?" Ask a girl who is currently requesting me. I wish I could say that I'm a girl and for obvious reasons, but instead say this.

"It's early spring outside, and I would feel slightly awkward knowing that while wearing something so open," I say, giving out a small smile.

"You're quite committed to the seasons just like Haruhi," the girl says. "But to change the subject, I hope I get to dance with you."

"Dance?" I ask. The girl gives me a look of surprise before speaking.

"You don't know? For the ball, of course!"

"Ball?" Oh boy...

"Yes, Tamaki says that the club will be hosting a formal ball very soon. And I was wondering..." she says, a blush creeping on her cheeks. "Is it alright if I dance with you?"

Here's the problem. I. Can't. Dance. I've always fail at it, even if I give it my best effort. But if I say no to this girl, she'll be heartbroken, Tamaki will hear about it, and then he'll raise my quota for punishment. I can't let that happen, so I'll just wing it.

 "Of coarse, and I'll be looking forward to it," I say, giving off a 'smile'. But the girl bought it, swooning in her seat with hearts fluttering around her. 

"Oh! I have to go now!" She suddenly says as she gets up, pushing her chair back in after. "May I request you again for tomorrow?"

"Of course, I'll always have an open seat for anyone," After my answer, I wave her good-bye as she leaves towards the doors and waves back. Let's see, nine hundred and a few more requests to go and I'm off the eight million dept. Yep, it's still going to be awhile. Sighing, I grab my teacup with coffee inside to take a sip, but feel a tap on my shoulder before it reaches my lips.