It Took Me By Surprise (Chapter 6)

Over the next few days, Vinny seemed to be more attached to Ophelia, which, both didn't seem to mind much.

Ophelia sat next to Nora as usual.
"Hey." Ophelia yawned, closing her eyes.

"Good morning." A male voice spoke up, a sound of plastic hitting the wood was heard.

Ophelia opened her eyes to see Vinny had set his tray down.

"Oh hey-"

"Vinny!" A few others called out as they crowded around the two girls and him. He smiled at them, it looked like he was popular this morning.

Ophelia scrunched her body up as she tried to eat without being touched by these peppy ass people.

Nora smiled as she was glad her friends were actually eating with her but, they seemed more interested in Vinny.

It made Ophelia really uncomfortable to be surrounded by so many people but, here they were at the popular table.

The brunette went to take a bite of her pancake when the boy next to her knocked her arm, causing the piece of food to fall onto the floor.

Ophelia growled softly. She wasn't afraid to speak her mind but, her mind wasn't awake yet. She casually got up, taking her plate and walking over to the table across from them, setting her tray down then herself. She was already irritated with the events that was happening but, she finally found some peace in it.

Vinny watched her a bit puzzled but didn't move. He wondered if it would be too odd.

"Hey, Ophelia! Did you do your homework last night?"

She looked up, already knowing it was Vinny who had asked. The whole table was chattering, not a care in the world about his question.

"Um yeah?" She said a bit snarky.
"I do it every time."

He smirked.
"Okay, okay."

-

Later that day, the group was about to go into the therapy groups when Ophelia's therapist caught her before she could leave.
"Oh hi."

"Hey, Ophelia! Can you come with me?"

"Sure." She said unenthused. She really didn't like her therapist all that much.

Walking over right in front of an empty office desk was, an empty school desk sat.

"Sit."

Ophelia slowly did what she was told, but was confused.
"Why...?" Therapy was usually in a nice comfy room with a couch, not a hard child desk.

"See this paper?" She put it on the desk and smiled.
"I want you to write 2 pages for each question."

Ophelia looked the page over.
"Theres 20 questions and you want me to write 2 pages for each? Why the f- why?"

"Because you didn't do your homework."

"But? I did?!"

"Maybe during breakfast but that doesn't count. You know this. You can leave once this is all done." She left without saying anything else.

"Stupid bitch." Ophelia said under her breath.

Maybe a minute later, Vinny came to sit behind her at the desk. Ophelia paid no mind, still a bit irritated.

A paper was thrown, hitting the top of her head, bouncing off and landing on her desk. She could tell there was some writing within it. She uncrinkled it and looked it over.
'Turn around'

Ophelia did what it said as she turned.
"Hey thanks a lot for not saying I did my homework."

Vinny smirked once again as he had earlier.

"What?"

"Isn't already obviously, Ophelia?"

She furrowed her brow and shook her head ever so slightly.

He got up so he could lean closer, his tie slipping over the desk.
"I like you."

She blushed a bit but it didn't mean what she thought right?

"What?"

"I. Like. You. I wanted to be alone with you."

Ophelia's lips curled as she smiled without a beat. She wasnt sure why but, maybe this is why she wanted to make him into her 'project'

"I might feel the same." She merely stated.

He shrugged as he leaned back, sitting down again.
"I'll take that as an answer any day. Better then 'I'm Telling the higher ups'"

She laughed a bit.
"No never." She got up and turned the desk to face him. Maybe they could talk... one on one for once.