To the Future

Prologue:

"blow the candle, dear" my mother told me gently as the others are staring down at me, smiling and waiting for me to kill the little fire infront of me. I gaze down at the numbers that was curved for my candles. I can't believe that today is my fifth birthday. How could the time past by that fast? I'm not yet ready from any of this. Sitting in the middle of the table, wearing a party hat and a pretty dress, having guests, receiving tons of gifts, singing me a happy birthday song,   being the center of attention and the part where my mother will bring out the colorful cake with that small candle attached over it. It's not that i hate birthday's. I just don't like to celebrate it. I know it's really weird for my age to think of things like this but i guess for me, birthday is just a reminder of how many years you've been living and i don't want to find out mine. "skylar, dear?" my mother called. I shook my head and removed the thoughts inside my head. I look around first. Trying to find my daddy. "skylar?" mommy whispered. "mommy, where's my daddy?" i asked as my lips quivered. I want to see daddy. I want him to hug me and carry me and spin me around. I want to hear him call for me and tell me that he's home and tell me just how much he loves me. I want him here with me. With mommy. I want him back. My mom stills. Her eyes are starting to be teary but i can see it as she stopped the tears before it fall down infront of everyone in the room. My mom knelt down beside me and smiled sweetly. "baby, my little angel" she started. "daddy's little angel" her hand grabbed my small chubby hands and squeezed it gently. "you know what? Daddy is somewhere out there watching you. Remember what he told you? That he will always be by our sides no matter what. I'm sure he's very very proud of his little angel." she's trying her best not to cry. "b-but... How did you know?" i asked innocently. "because i'm proud of you. I know because i can feel him...here" she bring my hands to her chest. I stared for a moment and realized that she's pointing to her heart. I gasp and looked at her. She stood and kissed me in the cheek. "go on now. make a wish before you blow the candle." i nod in response. i looked around again for the last time and everyone is still there, giving me their beautiful smiles. i smiled back until my eye fell on someone. a boy. he is staring at me like i'm a masterpiece. his green pupils are shining and he is smiling like an idiot. my smile fade. i don't like his stare. why is he looking at me this way? i was about to frown at him when a girl called him "oh.my.gosh! harry styles!"