Never

When I entered the kitchen, I put his bowl in the sink and the tray on the counter. I pulled my sleeves up and turned the water on. As I scrubbed the bowl with dish soap, my phone rang in my pocket. I couldn't touch it with wet hands so I let it ring. When it stopped I took the bowl out and dried it with a yellow rag.
     My phone rang again. I pulled it out of my pocket and it said unknown number. I picked up.

Yj: hello who is this?
Uk: hii Junghwa
Yj: who are you?
Uk: you know me.
Yj: you sound familiar but I'm going to hang up.
Uk: no please don't it's minjae,
Yj:....What do you want.
Uk: besides you nothing else.
Yj: well you aren't getting me goodbye
Uk: no no nooo listen hear me out.
Yj: id rather kill myself than be with you.
Uk: no junghwa lis-
Beeeeeeeeep I hung up.
   That was Minjae the school player. He has dated every girl in the school. He will lure them to a party and get them to say yes with beer. He has been trying to get me for the past year. He wasn't bad looking but I didn't want him. I don't want my heart broken. Not by Minjae.
    "Yaaaa Junghwaaaaa!" Hyungsik yelled. I sighed. "I'm coming your majesty!" I wiped the counters and put the tray under in the cabinets. When I walked in Hyungsik was shirtless.
   I turned around. "D-did you need me?" I asked cringing . "Yes, you didn't do the front of my body and it's aching." I turned around. He had cuts on his collar bone and two under his jaw. Why hadn't I noticed. I pulled out the kit again. This time we were standing.
    I pull out a cotton swab and some alcohol. I looked into his eyes. He was smiling. "Listen I know your neck hurt but this will hurt even worse because you have more nerves here." I said applying the alcohol to the cotton swabs.
"1 2 3." I said slowly dabbing each cut once. Hyungsik squeezed his eyes and took a deep breathe. I pulled out the cream. I took a small dollops and rubbed them carefully on each cut. He opened his eyes and now he was looking down at me. I felt his stare but I didn't look up.
When I put the bandaids on Hyungsik grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug. I was shocked so I just stood there with him embracing me. It wasn't awkward, but just unpredictable.
I wrapped my arms around his back and we stood there for a minute. "Thank you for treating me. I didn't want to have to go to the hospital." He said softly. I rubbed his back. "Your welcome but you have to promise me something." I said pulling back leaving my left arm around him still and my right hand into a fist except my pinky. He pulled back too copying me.
"What is it?" He asked tying our pinkies. "That you won't get hurt from now on." He nodded and let go. "I'm sorry." He said looking at me with sad eyes. I shook my head. "It isn't your fault that a gang beat you up." "I know but I feel bad for worrying you." He said ruffling my hair. We laughed.
  •

   I moved Hyungsik back to his room. My bed now smelt like strong cologne. I sighed. I had to go to school tomorrow. I took a shower and ate some ramen. I asked Hyungsik if he wanted some and he said he wasn't hungry so I ate alone.
    When I was done I walked into Hyungsiks room. He was on his phone. I quietly closed the door behind me. "Hey, I have to go to school tomorrow so your going to be home alone. Do you want me to stay back?" He looked up at me. "I want you to stay here but I'm being greedy so go to class ok?" He said walking over to me.
    I nodded. "Okay well then sleep well I am gonna go to bed." I said turning around. "Wait where are you going?" He asked and I turned around. He stood there smiling with his arms open wide. This kid.
    I gave a hug and patted his back. He ruffled my hair. "Goodnight Hyungieee!" I turned and ran for my room. "Yaaa! Aigoo this girl really..." I heard him laughing in his room.
     I opened my bed and put my phone on charger. I turned my lights off and hopped into my covers. My heart was beating fast for some reason . Hyungsik what are you to me?

   I woke up at 6:00. I brushed my teeth, straightened my hair and put my normal make up on. I kept on thinking about Hyungsik. I wonder if he was sleeping comfortably. I walked to the kitchen and made myself French toast. I made 4 slice and only ate two. I put cling wrap around the other two and put a sticky note on them that read:

     Good morning Hyungieee!
          Here is some French toast. Please eat. If you get hungry have some fruit. We have berries so fill yourself. Have fun at home today and text me if you need anything! Here's my number = ***-***-****
      Junghwa:)

    I placed it in the fridge and called Hyeon jae. He didn't pick up though. I quickly walked to my room and put my heavy tan coat on. Today I decided to wear converse. My black ones. I fixed my hair and put my backpack on.
    I called Hyeon jae again. It was already 6:52. I needed to leave. Again. No answer. I decided to walk without him. I wonder if he was mad at me for being roomies with Hyungsik.
    I peeked into his room. He was sound asleep. He arm lay on the edge of the bed and his mouth was open. "Goodbye hyungieee!" I whispered and closed the door.
    Ugh. All today he would probably be the only thing on my mind. I needed to stop thinking about him.

   When I arrived at school I headed straight for my first class. A couple of my classes are with my friends. I feel like I don't talk to them enough. Anyways, I was immediately greeted by Songmi, school drama queen. She was followed by her two minions who meant  no purpose to her. "Hey there Junghwa can we talk in private after school?"
I knew she was trying to start drama. I just smiled. "Sure thing. Where at?" She pointed upwards.
   She meant the rooftop. I nodded and walked away. When I walked into class the teacher called my name. "Yes sir?" I asked walking to his desk. He looked up at me with his of baggy eyes and frowned. "Why didn't you attend class yesterday?" He asked pushing his glasses up.
   I frowned too. "My friend was hurt and I had to take care of him." He nodded. "Thank you and please take a seat."
    I walked to my seat. There was still time before class started so I just talked here and there. "Junghwaaa!" I heard someone call my name. I stood up and looked around the classroom. In the corner at the back , Minjae and a couple other guys were passing the football back and forth. He was sitting on top of a desk. I sat back down but he kept calling my name.
    I put my fingers in my ears. I sat there quietly until Minjae slid into the empty desk next to me. He furrowed his eyebrows. "Ya Park Junghwa I've been calling your name! Did you hear me?" I pulled my fingers out of my ears and looked at him. "What do you want?" I asked turning to face him.
    He leaned forward. "Can I talk to you? Please?" He looked serious. "What? If it's about us then no!" I said turning around. "No I wanna tell you something-" he was cut off by the teacher who had stood up.
    The whole class stood up and bowed. The teacher began the lesson with his stick and started browsing websites to show us examples of the lesson. Minjae passed me a note.
    It was a small folded piece of paper. I opened it. It said:

   Meet me on the rooftop after school, ok? I wanna talk about something besides asking you out. Please come!

   I crumbled it up and threw it on the ground. He was staring at me. I threw him a glare and he faced the board. When the lesson was over Minjae was back staring at me. The bell rang and he snapped out of it. I packed my bag up and stood up to leave. "Wait for me." Minjae said packing his stuff up.
    I left him anyways and headed for my locker. I switched my books out and grabbed the rest of my stuff.
   My phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out. It was Hyungsik. Here is our short convo:

Ph: hey thanks for the breakfast
Yj: no problem I didn't want you to starve
Ph: so wyd
Yj: I'm switching classes
Ph: oh sorry then let's talk later okay
Yj: got it byeeee Hyungieee
Ph:💕😁

My heart started beating. I put my face in my locker. Why did he send me a heart? I must look like a tomato right now. Ugh. He has a special talent: making me blush like crazy.
I pulled my face out of my locker still smiling. As I closed the door Minjae was standing there leaning on a locker with his arms crossed. "Ah you scared me!" I said leaning backwards.
"Why are you blushing?" He asked flashing a smile. I tried to walk past him but I couldn't. He blocked the way. "Move." I said looking straight into his eyes. "Not until you tell me who made you blush." He was still smiling. "Why? Are you jealous?" I asked smirking. His smile disappeared. "N-no." I gave a small laugh. "Learn how to cover your embarrassment up. Your making yourself look bad."
H looked down and I walked past him. I heard him call my name as I ran down the hall. Good thing we don't have that many classes together.