Chapter two

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm clock. I groaned and searched for my alarm clock. I didn't want to get up this early. Because of the incident last night I definitely need some more sleep now. Giving up I groaned as I sat up. I look like shit, literally. I yawned and punched my still alarming alarm clock. I made my way to the bathroom to wash. When I was drying myself I saw something on my right arm. It's a bruise. I gasped at the sight of it. I didn't had this before.

"Sam!" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Diana call me.

"Coming!" I shouted back. I raced downstairs and greeted the girls in the kitchen.

"Sorry I'm late" I said.

"Hmm, You're forgiven"said Diana. I laughed and made them some pancakes.

We were eating while talking. I was laughing about what Annie said. 

"What happened to your arm?" Diana asked. I looked down at my arm.

"Oh, this, I think I bumped myself into something" I explained. The truth, I don't really know.

When they were ready for I called Diana and pulled her into a safe distance away from Annie so she wouldn't hear us.

"What is it?" Diana asked.

"Uhh, Diana it's not like I'm scaring you or something but did you hear any I don't know footsteps last night?" I asked her. Her smile instantly faded upon hearing this.

"Around what time?" she asked.

"Around 2:00 and 3:00" I answered her while crossing my arms.

"No I didn't hear anything." she shook her head.

I nodded. "How about laughter?" I added. She shook her head. "Oh."

"But I did heard a thump coming from the diection towards your room." she said. Okay, that answer was enough to send goosebummps all over my body. I nodded.

Oh, okay. Come on you'll be late for school." I said, faking a smile. I was driving them to school since I woke up late and their school bus left them yet somehow it's a relief. I don't want to be alone in that house. So after driving the girls to school I went to  the market to but some... things. I was just wasting my time so that I'll spend less time in that house alone. When it was about 2:00 I headed back to the house. Annie will be home at around 2:30. When I arrived I went inside and went straight into the kitchen. I'm making some cheesecake for snack.. I heard that Diana and Annie liked this.

When it was done, I went outside to wait for Annie by the porch. I sat on the swing and gently swing myself. I was drifting to sleep when I heard some noise coming from inside the house. I looked at the window and saw a black shadow. I jumped off the swing and looked at the window again but the shadow was gone. I entered the house and looked around. Everything's normal. 

Okay I know I lack sleep, but I don't imagine this kind of things. I never did. I heard some noises coming from upstairs. I ran up the stairs. The noise is coming from the attic. I slowly made my way, I was about to pull down the stairs..

"Sam?" I screamed and fell on the floor. I saw Annie looking at me, confused.

"Oh Annie don't you ever scare me like that again!" I said while hugging her.

"What are you doing?" she asks, cocking her head to the side.

I held my breath. I can't tell her, she's too innocent to know this things. 

"Nothing sweetie I was just what's in there" I said laughing nervously.

"Oh" she said.

"You hungry? I made some cheesecake!" I said trying to sound cheery. She just nodded and followed me downstairs. I couldn't help but look back at the attic.