Divided Destiny

Divided Destiny [Pocket Mirror]

"Why am I in that photograph..?"

The girl threw the book onto the couch, backing away slowly. She sighed, slowly picking up the picture and kept it. It's possible that it could be a hint to the many questions she's been questioning ever since she woke up in the small room.

Looking back at it, it was clear that no one smiled. Not even her, yet her mind wants to ask why. She had no idea, why the boy on the other side of the picture looked just like her. It's as if they were half-identical twins.

Just who is that boy? She wondered, before continuing.

--

Later on, after meeting another girl named Enjel, the beige-haired girl found a wax record on top of a cabinet. Opening it, there was another picture. But this time, the brown-haired woman and the boy who looked exactly like her were scratched out.

The girl's eyes widened, immediately rushing to the library to hear what the person who recorded this has to say.

Placing it on the phonograph, the girl heard a male's voice. Someone who sounded the same as her age. Someone who sounded like a young boy. Listening carefully, she heard..

"There is a secret I share with Mother. A secret you and Father pretend not to know about, but are well aware of it's consequences. I'm intending to take it with me to the grave when the time comes. However, unlike Mother, I will take his hand will full commitment... not regret leaving you in that man's hands. Perhaps... he so wishes.... We.... Able to meet again someday....My dear sister."

The girl didn't know why, but her heart shattered into a million pieces after hearing it. She didn't understand, but her hearbeat was going fast. Collapsing on the floor, tears fell from her eyes. Yet she didn't know how, she didn't know why. Wiping off the tears a minute or two, the girl stood up, wondering why that simple message was like a strong arrow shooting her heart.

The cardigan she was wearing now felt comfortable, it was so familiar, it was like a hug. A hug from someone so special to her. Who again?

That boy..

She remembered.

The boy was someone she saw in the book of Fleta's library, though she claims she knew nothing of it. It was titled 'A Boy's Midnight Journey', and the author's name was...

Henri die Heilige

Her mind shook after reading that name. It sounded so familiar, as if she has heard it before. Breathing in and out, she opened the book.

"A certain boy was known to have a problematic condition, one that would only affect him during the night. One that even the best doctors could not explain. Thought to be the work of the Devil by many, it was said that the boy would wake up during the night.. and speak to the ones that had perished. Despite the various attempts to cure him of his curse, the boy kept on being disturbed by strange voices during the night."

The girl tried to go to the next page, but there was none.

Everything from this page on is scratched out. She thought, and decided to look at the back of the book.

"No one around him will ever know about this secret of his. Such a privilege belongs only to me, my dear."

"This is the only thing written on the back." She sighed, placing the book back at the shelf were she placed it.