New World

(Tasha's POV)
~Month 7 of pregnancy 

I opened my eyes at the sound of this annoying buzzing sound. I don't know if it's in my head, if it's the furnace, or if it's just one of those stupid sounds you hear when everything around you is quiet. Whatever the hell it is, it's driving me insane. I don't think I was asleep yet, which has become normal over the past few days. I was uncomfortable no matter which way I shifted my weight. I had on pillow under my lower back, two under my feet, and two behind my head. If I had any less or any more I would probably go on a rampage. I don't know why I settled for this because it barely helps, but everything else we tried felt worse. I'm sweating, it has to be over 90 degrees in here. Groaning, I threw the blanket off of me and onto Reade, who was sound asleep. "Must be nice." I mumbled under my breath. There goes that buzzing again. I managed to sit myself up and dangle my legs off the bed. I had to take a minute to catch my breath before I got down. My feet don't touch the floor because I'm too short, I don't want to wake Reade up by wiggling off the bed. I scooted forward a little bit and waited a minute, then I did it again so my feet were touching the floor. I stood up as gently as possible, which probably wasn't as gentle as it seemed to me. I still can't catch my breathe, it seems like I can barely move an inch without getting breathless. This whole thing is annoying, but it'll be so worth it. I looked over at the clock, it's 3:00 a.m. I'll be damned, it's one hour later than yesterday. Just as I caught my breath, my heart felt like it engulfed in flames. Is that how people describe heart burn? I don't know. Why is it so hot in here? I walked into the bathroom and splashed water onto my face, a little better. I stepped back to look in the mirror, my little gremlin is the size of a cabbage. A lot of people think cabbages aren't that heavy or big, but it is a whole different story when there's one in your stomach. I don't think I'll ever eat cabbage again because this cabbage is making me sweat profusely and it feels like I'm having a heart attack. I walked back into the bedroom and stared at the bed for a moment. Reade is still sleeping peacefully, snoring, but peaceful. I'd hate to wake him up, is it worth trying to go to sleep? I started to walk to the bed just as Reade started shuffling around. How did I wake him up?
"Dammit." I whispered, walking to my side of the bed and stopping for a second. 
"Tasha?" Reade mumbled groggily.
I feel bad for waking him up, but I love the sound of his voice when he's tired.
"Yeah?" I yawned the word out, finally feeling tired enough to sleep.
"Everything okay?"
He turned around to face me, his eyes were half shut and he may have been drooling.
"All good."
I pulled myself up onto the bed and positioned my pillows. For all of two seconds, I felt comfortable. My neck feels stiff, I tried to lay my head a different way, but it didn't work. I tried again, and again, but nothing is working so I'll just deal with it. Reade rolled over to get closer to me and placed his hand on my stomach. Every pain I had felt throughout the night vanished at his touch. This is comfortable, I could lay like this forever. I put my hand on top of his and laced my fingers through his.
"Good money." Reade said under his breath.
I smiled at his dumb catch phrase. I drifted off to sleep thinking about all the times he made me smile.   

~2 hours later~

I woke up to my stomach growling, I am starving. Reade is already up and out of bed, I can hear the living room TV. I got into a sitting position and looked at the clock, it's a couple minutes past six in the morning. I feel like shit and I probably look it too. The baby started squirming as if she felt my pain or maybe she's hungry too. I don't know what I want to eat, everything sounds good. I kind of want sausage, or blueberry jam, but lettuce sounds good too. I climbed out of bed and stopped for a bathroom break. For some reason, the dream I had came flooding back to me. I dreamed of having Grace, only she was not a  baby when she was born. She was a pig, a long heavy piglet. I was not shocked in my dream, it was like it was the moment I had waited my whole life for. 
"Don't come out as a piglet, okay?" 
I rubbed my stomach and talked to Grace. Pigs are cute, but they're also dirty. I don't want to give birth to a pig. I left the bathroom and joined Reade in the living room.
"I'm hungry." I whined and put my hands on Reade's shoulders. 
He leaned back on the couch and looked up at me.
"Good morning, sunshine. What would you like to eat?" 
It took everything in me not to roll my eyes at his sunshine comment. I couldn't tell if he was complimenting me or insulting me, but it's too early for me to care.
"I don't know, food." 
There are so many possibilities, but none of them are exactly sticking out to me. Reade started naming off things we had and at some point I think I zoned out. My mind wandered to the blueberry jam again, with sausage, but not so much the lettuce. 
"How about sausage and blueberry jam?"