Cabin Fever

Ch 10 Cabin Fever

"Do we get breakfast?" The first words of the morning were accompanied by a loud growl issued from Ron's stomach.

"I'm sure it'll be after the group shower, watch out for that big guy Bubba." George encouraged without opening his eyes.

"I have to admit, I am all about bathing in numbers." Fred wiggled his eyebrows suggestively towards Hermione who was pushing herself out of bed

"Do you hell-born children know nothing of silence?" Snape barked, dislodging himself from Harry. He sat at the foot of the bed.

"God-damn-piece-of-shit-fucking-ungrateful-idiotic Ministry." Harry sat up harshly. He was on his feet pacing again.

"Tell me Severus, is your mate always this delightful?" Tonks laughed as she planted her boots on the floor.

"It's a new and hopefully short lived development." Snape said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah, Harry what were you thinking? Isn't Snape supposed to be the cynical, belligerent caldron of darkness, we all know and love?" Sirius seemed in high spirits for a man who was back in prison.

"Merlin, I have to piss." Lupin looked around the room as he woke.

"See that hole in the floor?" Sirius pointed to an unoccupied corner. "There you go, mate." There was a wicked grin on his face.

"Un-bloody-believable."  Lupin snarled as he walked across the cell.

"Life's rough in the slammer." Fred offered, seriously.

Dumbledore woke up laughing. "It is nice to get to spend this time together, isn't it?"

"You are mad, you old loon." Severus quipped irritably, thudding his head on the stone wall as he slouched back on the bed.

"I'm simply pointing out that we rarely get to bask in each other's presence without interference." The elder man chirped

"Sir we're in Azkaban." Hermione reminded.  How could he be so calm about all of this?

"I'm aware my dear girl."  He creaked as he sat up.

"Locked in a cell with a hole to..." Her cheeks flushed.

"All will be righted, and in the meantime let us enjoy ourselves." Snape feared that Dumbledore was going to twirl or dance or...any number of detestably gleeful movements.

"Um...guys?" Ron broke in. All eyes fell to him. "I was serious about breakfast." Even Severus couldn't help but laugh.

HHH HHH HHH HHH

"I shouldn't have used the term 'breakfast' so loosely." Ron frowned at his two pieces of bread and glass of water.

"This is a feast! We must have friends here." Sirius corrected through a full mouth.

"Must you always eat like a rabid dog?" Remus criticized.

"It's all those years in here. The Pen does dark things to a man's soul. Trust me I've been on the inside." George attempted to not break a grin.

"He's always eaten like that. It's grotesque Sirius." Lupin chastised lightheartedly.

"Bugger off. I've seen you devour whole cats Moony!"  Sirius burst with laughter. 

"Blame the lunar cycles." He chuckled before settling back into his bed. Tonks removed herself to Hermione's bed.

"Barbarians. The whole lot."  They giggled while they stared at the men having their separate tantrums.