I'll Stand By You, My Quarterback

One shot for the one year anniversary of Cory / Finn. Rest in Peace. He was going to take the Midnight Train, but he went to the train station too early...

Look out for the ending, as it changes point of views.

---

Kurt

It's been one whole year.

One whole year without my stepbrother.

The glee club and Blaine were the only reason I was smiling. I don't know how Rachel did it, but somehow she did.

I don't believe in a God, but I somehow still feel Finn. Like God sent him down to watch after us. Sometimes, I'll sing a song that he sang around the house and I'll feel a breath on me. Maybe it's just my imagination, but I don't think it is. Cool air will run by me every time I think of him. I can almost feel a hand wipe away my tears when I cry about him, or him giving me a hug. Apparently, God is all knowing. He knew this was going to happen. If he knew, then why didn't he warn us? He didn't give us any signs. I would've never guessed that this would happen.

I came back to Lima to comfort Carole and my dad. Blaine is coming later in the week and staying at my parents house with me. I'm the closest thing that Carole has to a son anymore. I can't even imagine the pain that she's had to go through. I can't imagine losing a child. I consider Carole my mother. It helps her hear me say mom. At least, that's what she says, but I don't think she's telling the truth. I think it makes her feel worse. It should remind her about the child that's never going to say that to her ever again. She's never going to hear her son call her name again. She lost her husband and only child. She is one of the strongest women I'll ever meet. Including Rachel.

Rachel... She lost her fiancé to a monster known as death. I wish I supported their marriage while they could still get married. Sure, they were young, but I'm only twenty and engaged to the man I love. I didn't get it. I didn't get the love that they possessed. I wish I had, but it's too late. It was selfish of me. Finn would've completely supported my engagement to Blaine. I love Blaine, but it wasn't like Finn loved Rachel.

A knock on my bedroom door snapped me out of my thoughts. I leaned my head against the wall on my left and mumbled that whoever was there could come in. Nobody answered or opened the door, so I got up and opened it myself, but nobody was there.

"Finn? Is that you?"

My dad came in with a laundry basket and sighed. "I wish it was."

He placed the basket down on my floor and sat on my bed. "Did you think it would be like this a year ago?" I shook my head. "No. I thought I would've had a sister in law. We'd being celebrating holidays together, not grieving over my nineteen year old stepbrother who died." I put my head on my dad's shoulder and let tears run from my eyes.

"Hey Kiddo, what's that song he always used to sing?" He began singing I'll Stand By You by The Pretenders, but he was way off-key an mumbling most of the words.

I offered a small smile and cut him off. "No dad, I have it on my phone." I opened my phone and a bunch of texts popped up. One from Blaine, and the others from Rachel.

I checked Blaine's first.

Blainey <3:

Hi baby. I'm on my way to Lima now, I can't stand not being there for you and Finn. See you soon. xoxo -Blaine.

My dad was looking over my shoulder, so I didn't have to say anything.

Next, I checked Rachel's. It was a group conversation.