Chapter Twelve

You should hopefully enjoy this chapter, don't forget to comment and vote!

Chapter Twelve

I stared at my hands, still back in the alley, too afraid to go in.

Look at that, the bad boy's scared.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket; I thought about ignoring it, but if it was Macie, that'd be a bad idea.

I pulled it out and saw Macie's caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered, pressing my phone to my ear.

"Come inside, now." She demanded, and I could hear her smiling.

A spark of hope went off in my heart, but I pushed any hope to the back of my mind, knowing it was unlikely.

I ran into the hospital and into the waiting room, where as I suspected, Macie was standing there with a wide grin.

"What?" I asked uneasily, biting my lip.

"She's alive, they tried a couple different things, they told me earlier, but I didn't call you, I just didn't want to get your hopes up. But one of the things they did, worked, and she's in there alive now." Macie said, and by then, tears of joy were rolling down my cheeks.

"Can I see her? Is she awake?" I questioned, my eyes wide and a grin on my face.

She nodded, and that was all I needed.

I ran over to the door and pushed it open, to reveal a shocked looking Devan.

I didn't stop to think, I just ran over to her and engulfed her in a hug.

Devan's POV-

I still hadn't been told what happened, I just woke up in the hospital, the smell of disinfectant spray lingering in the air.

All of a sudden the door was thrown open and Tyler pulled me into a hug.

I hesitantly hugged him back, my eyebrows furrowing together.

"What happened?" I asked, once he pulled away.

He sighed, before climbing in the bed beside me, running a hand through his hair.
I was beyond confused, but didn't say anything.

My heart was hammering against my chest, both from where I had awoken, and the fact that Tyler was seated next to me.

"You had heart problems, and you blacked out at our spot," He started, his voice wavering with thick emotion.

"You were dead, but thanks to the doctors and nurses, they brought you back to life." He grinned, tears now rolling freely down his cheeks.

He started leaning closer to me, and sparks ignited in my stomach.

His hand reached up and cupped my cheek, as he leaned even closer.

Our noses were touching, his lips mere centimeters away from mine.

His breath was fanning my face, and he smiled slightly, pausing, as if asking for my permission.

I smiled back, saying yes.

Then the door opened, and someone cleared their throat.

"Sorry, did I inturupt anything?" The doctor asked, sending a pointed look at Tyler.

"No," I said, and I saw a look of hurt flash through Tyler's eyes.

Tyler almost kissed me.

I died.

I'm alive again.

I'm so confused.

Tyler gave me an apologetic look before leaving the room, so the doctor could speak with me alone.

"I'm assuming he told you what happened," Doctor Max started, and I nodded.

"We'd like to keep you here for the night and make sure you're doing okay before we send you home." He explained, and I nodded in reluctant approval.

Tyler's POV-

Idiots.

Macie told me when I left Devan's room, that she had called Devan's parents and let them know everything was okay.

Without questioning, they decided they were going to give up on trying to catch a plane and they were going to continue their trip.

Those selfish morons.

I let out a sigh to calm myself down.

"You can go back in there now." The doctor smiled at me, and I returned it gratefully.

I returned to her room to see her lying there expressionless.

"Is everything alright?" I asked her, returning to my spot on the hospital bed beside her.

"Yeah, I'm just still in shock with everything. I mean, I was dead an hour ago." She said, and I ran a hand through my hair.

"I'm still in shock myself, I know we've not been hanging out too long, but I think we could be great friends, and I thought I was going to lose you." I said, and she rested her head on my shoulder.

My heart was thumping furiously against my chest with nerves, my stomach in knots.

What is she doing to Me?

I started stroking her head, helping her fall asleep.

It was around eleven at night.

I had been outside for a long time.

Once I was sure she was asleep, I whispered to myself, "I wish we could be more than friends though."

Devan's POV-

He thought I was asleep when he whispered, "I wish we could be more than friends though."

Me too Tyler, me too.

***

I woke up by the light seeping through my eyelids.

I opened my eyes and winced at the light.

I glanced over and noticed Tyler had moved so I was on his chest, and he had his arms wrapped around me.

I honestly think he had done that subconsciously, but it could have been  on purpose.

I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but it was no use.

Eventually his own eyes fluttered open and he smiled down at me, resting his chin on my head.

I have a crush on him, definitely.

I buried my head into the crook of his neck, because I knew he'd get up and I didn't want him to.

He tightened his grip around me.

I wish he'd just say his feelings out loud and get them over with, because I don't want to be the one who opens up.

He chuckled, his chest vibrating.

I felt safe, even safer than when I'm at home.

"I think I need to get up, so we can get you home." He said, and I groaned.

"But I'm comfortable!" I whined, tilting my head back so I could look into his eyes.

They were lit with amusement, but I ignored it.

"No, sorry. I have to get up."

***

I told you that it would make you smile.

I wouldn't kill off the main character, are you crazy???

Thanks for reading, bye!